The university was listed on the recommended universities for students by the ministry of higher education in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Bachelor in Mass Communication program went through periodic review in the academic year 2021-22. QADC used to oversee the whole process and participated in discussions during different stages of the periodic review. The revised program has been approved in the University Council meeting held in June, 2022.
GU successfully underwent BQA program review virtual site visit for four programs in the second cycle: Bachelor in Human Resources Management (BHRM), Bachelor in Accounting and Finance (BAAF) and Bachelor in Mass Communication (BMC) program, and Bachelor in Interior Design Engineering (BIDE). BHRM and BAAF programs received full confidence. Mass Communication program also received full confidence but the publication of the report is pending. BIDE program is waiting for the review report.
- Bachelor in Human Resources Management program received (Chartered Institute of Personnel Development) CIPD accreditation. Gulf University has also become one of the accredited providers of CIPD.
- Bachelor in Accounting and Finance program received the exemption for 9 papers from ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) in foundation level certification and also received CMA accreditation (Institute of Management Accountant).
- Bachelor in Interior Design Engineering Program program received accreditation for 5 years from The Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)
- Bachelor in Mass Communication received recognition from Charter Institute of Public Relations (CIPR).
- As part of the strategic directions, Gulf University aspires to launch several undergraduate and postgraduate programs. Market research has been conducted and QADC is collaborating with program teams in developing range of programs.
QADC was highly involved in developing the new strategic plan in collaboration with Strategic Planning Development Committee. QADC prepared road map assigning the tasks along a specific timeline to work on the strategic plan for the 2022-23 to 2026-2027. QADC conducted several work sessions with staff on reviewing Vision and Mission statement, core values and graduate attributes to ensure that all stakeholders are involved in the process of drafting the vision and mission statements. The team also conducted several interviews with prominent figures from the regulatory bodies, Board of Trustees of GU and other stakeholders from the industry. In addition, several engaging sessions were organized with the students, alumni and staff to conduct a SWOT analysis in order to receive a well-informed feedback about GU position and future direction as perceived by different stakeholders. The interviews and SWOT were part of the environmental scanning process, which also involved reviewing documents and conducting PESTEL and TOWS analysis. The committee has already finalized the strategic plan.
Performance Measurement Office (PMO) successfully implemented the measurement of learning outcomes for all the offered courses using the developed plugin in MOODLE in the academic year 2021-2022.