About Sustainability and Development Makers Center
Gulf University vision in focused on a sustainability-centered approach. The institution offers sustainability courses for all programs with a focused approach on interdisciplinary and collaborative projects that provide opportunity for every interested individual to be engaged in dialogue and inter-cultural thinking. Different Centers and Units at the Institution level provide a continuous support for a range of students and staff professional development activities relevant to sustainability and entrepreneurship. Institution Strategic direction is deployed through the Sustainability and Development Makers Center, the Community Engagement & Continuous Learning Center, Community Service Committee. The institution is very keen to consider sustainable approaches and trends in higher education, diversity, community concerns and global environmental issues. Range of activities, actions, local, regional and international collaborations and competitions to support sustainable education and opportunity for all, are constantly developed; such transformation of campus towards sustainability and special needs accessibility, adapted learning environments for all, campus life enhancement and lifelong learning.
To become the leading Center in Higher Education field in Kingdom of Bahrain, by developing, supporting and transforming innovative ideas and initiatives of academics, staff, students, alumni and related communities to successful and viable projects in alignment with Sustainable Development Goals and Bahrain 2030 Vision.
The Center encourages and supports potential and existing initiatives of academics, staff, students, alumni and related communities to envision, conceive and develop their innovative ideas and to transform them into real successful ventures and actions by inspiring and providing them with supporting services such inductions, collaborative work sessions, trainings, consultancy, researching and other relevant services to grow and to be feasible sustainability projects within a global sustainable development approach.
Sustainability and Development Makers Center shall:
- Identify opportunities and relevant plans and strategies for sustainable initiatives and projects and define needed frameworks and guidance for an effective development and implementation.
- Promote innovation, collaborative thinking and participative approaches and culture by fostering sustainable development values among related actors to thrive for sustainability vision and mission.
- Provide supporting services such inductions, collaborative work sessions, trainings, consultancy, researching and other relevant services to sustainability ideas and projects feasible.
- Encourage actions and initiatives for/with campus habitants and related stakeholders; on-campus, off-campus, and immediate environment actions and projects.
- Establish effective network with institutions, organizations, industry and communities at national and international levels, for collaborative projects development and co-creative initiatives towards sustainable goals achievement.