Current Position: Faculty member
Email Address: email@example.com
Research Field of Interest: Public Relation and Public Opinion
Title: Assistant Professor
College: Communication & Media Technologies
Department: Media and Public Relations
Specialization (General): Media
Specialization (Specific): Public Relation and Adverting
- Ph.D. in Advertising & Public Relations, Faculty of Mass Communication. Cairo University, Egypt, 2017.
- Master: Advertising & Public Relations, Faculty of Mass Communication. Cairo University, Egypt, 2013.
- Bachelor of Advertising & Public Relations, Faculty of Mass Communication. Cairo University, Egypt, 2009.
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy, UK (FHEA-UK).
- Member of Egyptian Public Relations Association in Cairo.
Teaching & Learning Statement
My academic experiences in teaching through over 12 years give me a variety of teaching and learning methods that have all been measured to achieve the best results, and graduates had become more qualified by involving them in the media labor market. Practice-based learning techniques, these practical issues delivered both individuals and in-groups and gave me feedback to change experiments and assignments.
Most courses I have taught Such As (Public Opinion- Political Communication- Marketing Campaigns Management (Political– Commercial– Social)– Propaganda & Persuasion- Public Relations Management- Online Public Relation– Advertising Management- Integrated Marketing Communication – Crisis Management- Etiquette & Protocol- Media Research Methods– Effective Communication Skills- Media Theories– International Communication– International Advertising- Media Translation – Media Writing in English – Special Topics in Media & PR).
Dr. Mohammed Refaat has many academic and professional experiences in various media fields, whether in public relations and advertising.
He has taught in many universities in Egypt, Such as Cairo university by Full-time system from 2009 till now and other universities by Part-time course such as Sinai University (SU) – Arab open university in Cairo (AOU) – Misr University for Science & Technology (MUST) – The Canadian international college of mass communication (CIC)
Also, He worked as an accredited trainer in many training centers in Egypt, such as:
- Trainer in (ARADO) Arab Administrative Development Organization (2018 – till now)
- Trainer in (MENA) Middle East News Agency (2017- till now)
- Trainer in (RCSC) Research Center for Science and Commercial Studies at Cairo University (2009 – till now)
In addition to the above, he has practical and applied experience in the field of public relations, advertising, and marketing campaign management,
- Member of the Board of Directors of Mass Communication agency for marketing and advertising, (Marketing Maker’s agency) Cairo University.
- Director of Crisis Management Unit in mass Communication Faculty.
- Executive Director in IM agency for marketing & public relations. (2011-2013).
- Researcher In (PARC) “Pan Arab Research Center” (2008 – 2011).
- News Editor at Arab News Agency – www.anaonline.net (2009-2011).
- Participation in many commercial and social marketing companies in Egypt.
Dr. Mohammed conducted many researches in Mass Media effects, Public relations, Public opinion, marketing communication, and political communication.
- Mohammed M. Refaat (Oct. 2020) Evaluating the Effectiveness of Social Media Influential Marketing Methods for University Youth qualitative study, Media Research, Vol55, issue 1, p371.
- Mohammed M. Refaat (2020) the public mood of Bahraini youth towards the US peace plan in the middle east, Annual Media conference of Gulf University, Bahrain.
- Abdel Rahman, A, Mohammed M. Refaat, (2019) mass media and women audience in Cairo University, Cairo University, Egypt.
- Mohammed M. Refaat (2018) Exposure To Traditional And New Media & Its Relation To Public Mood State Of Egyptian Youth A case study of the maritime border demarcation agreement between Egypt and Saudi Arabia, vol June 2018, the Egyptian journal of public opinion researches.
- Mohammed M. Refaat (2018) Public opinion in virtual reality and the power of virtual mobilization, Alaraby publications, Cairo, Egypt.
- Hesham faid & Mohammed M. Refaat (sep2016) ” human values ” Unpublished book, Cairo, Egypt.
- Mohammed M. Refaat (2016) New Research Trends in Online Public Opinion Studies on Social Network Websites Secondary Qualitative Analysis study, the scientific journal of public relations & advertising research, issue no.6 (April – June 2016)
- Mohammed M. Refaat (2016) Online Public Opinion Attitudes toward Democratic Transition Variables in Egypt after the Roadmap Announcement on 3 July 2013 Survey Study, the scientific journal of public relations & advertising research, issue no.7 (July – September 2016)
- khedr, N., Mohammed M. Refaat &Others, (2011) ” Public Opinion Researches in the last decade From 2000 to 2011″, 17th International Conference “The Media Researches in Egypt and the world in half a century the reality and future trends,” Cairo University, Mass Communication, Egypt.
- Elalem, S., A. Abdelsalam & Mohammed M. Refaat (2011) “Trends of Advertising Researches (1990: 2011)”,17th International Conference “The Media Researches in Egypt and the world in half a century the reality and future trends,” Cairo University, Mass Communication, Egypt.
Other Interest & Activities
Dr. Mohammed enjoys writing sudden fiction short stories, Poetry, and Religious thoughts, participating in community services, volunteer in charity, and swimming.