2nd Gulf University International Conference in Accounting and Finance
A joint conference of Gulf university-Bahrain, Universiti Utara Malaysia, Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, Universitas Sumatera Utara, College of Economics and Political Science, and AL-Zahra College-Oman
About The Event
Welcome to the 2nd International Conference on accounting and finance organized by Gulf University with collaboration of other universities from international and regional. This conference aims to provide a platform for scholars, intellectuals, and professionals to share ideas and generate forums on current local and global issues. Also, to address problems and provide opportunities for participants to exchange and share knowledge and information, establish business, or research relationships, and find international partners to collaborate in the future.
The conference organizers welcome all prospective participants/authors from a variety of research disciplines to submit original and unpublished works for publication and presentation at the conference. All submissions are subject to peer review before an acceptance decision is taken. The conference book proceeding will be published with an ISBN and indexed by SCOPUS.
- Bringing together a significant number of diverse scholarly events for presentation within the conference program.
- Presenting the researcher idea and paper in front of leading academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to exchange and share the experiences and research results on all aspects of Accounting and Finance.
- Explore and expand the researchers’ knowledge of the hot topics.
- Meet and share knowledge with the best accounting professionals/academics around the globe.
- Establish partnerships and collaborations with the best accounting professionals/academics around the globe.
Physical / Online
Scope & Tracks
The conference covers all papers in accounting, finance, banking, Digitalization, Environmental, Governance, and sustainability. Any other articles on any aspect of business are also of interest to the organizing committee.
- Topics in Accounting, e.g., Financial Reporting, Earnings Management, Fair Value Measurement, Accounting Standards, Assets, Accounting Information Systems, Auditing, Audit Quality, Bookkeeping, Business Accounting, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Social Accounting, Fiduciary Accounting, Financial Accounting, Financial Statements and Reporting, Forensic Accounting, General Accounting, Government Accounting, International Accounting, Laws and Ethics in Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Public Accounting, Sports Accounting, Tax Accounting, Islamic Accounting, Accounting Education, performance, Budgeting, Fraud, etc.
- Topics in Finance, e.g., Corporate Finance, International Finance, Financial Intermediation, Financial Markets, Behavioral Finance, Laws and Ethics in Finance, Empirical Investments, Investment analysis, Theoretical Asset Pricing, Fintech, Security and Regulation, Blockchain, Blockchain and Crypto Assets, Insurance Tech, Smart Contract, Crowdfunding and Alternative Finance, Finance Education, Technical Analysis, Financial Risk Management, Islamic Finance, Financial Management, Multinational Financial Management, Personal Finance and Planning, Financial Deliveries, Behavioral Finance, Froud Analytics, Financial Ratios, Insurance, Investments, Project Management, Trusts and Estates, etc.
- Topics in Banking, e.g., Islamic Banking, Bank Management, International Banking, Bank Reconciliations, Bankruptcy, Corporate Banking, Bank Audit, E-Banking, Banking Standards, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Banking Structure, Bank Regulations, Banking Customer Service, etc.
- Topics in Digitalization, e.g., Information Technology: Digitalization in Accounting and Finance, Information Technology, Business Information Technology, Digital Transformations, Digital Revolution, Quality of Financial Data Cloud Computing, Digital Information Security, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Supply Chain, Business Operations & Processes, New Digital Technologies, Machine Learning, Digital Payments, etc.
- Topics in Environmental, Social and Corporate Governance, e.g., Environmental Accounting, Corporate Social Responsibility, Environmental Strategy, Organizational Sustainability, Social, Environmental and Sustainability Reporting, Sustainability Accounting, Innovating for a Sustainable Strategy, Configuring Management Control Systems, Corporate Environmental Disclosure, Environmental Management System.
Full Paper submission deadline: 20th November 2023. Here is the link for submission;
Notification to participants about papers’ acceptance or rejection: 30th November 2023
Deadline for registration payment of authors of accepted papers: 05th December 2023
Conference dates: 12th & 13th December 2023
GUICAF2023 Organizing Committee
We are pleased to announce that Springer Nature’s proceedings technically support the 2nd ICAF Conference. The conference book proceeding will be published with an ISBN and indexed by SCOPUS.
Keynote speaker from Macromedia University – England
- Prof. Dr. Anna Luisa Stöber: Our Head of the Faculty of Business, Design, and Technology in campus Munich to present a topic related to Sustainability (Organizational or Financial reporting perspectives)
- Prof. Dr. Rene Brunner: Our head of study program in digital technology and coding to present a topic present a case regarding Robo investment (a case study with an industry partner)
Keynote speaker from Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI) – Malaysia
- Associate Professor Dr Hartini Jaafar – Research interest: Retirement – UPSI
- Associate Professor Dr Mohd Faizal Basri – Research interest: Banking – UPSI
- Associate Professor Dr Hazianti Abd Halim – Research interest: Financial Reporting – UPSI
- Associate Professor Dr Rohaila Yusof – Research interest: Accounting Education – UPSI
Keynote speaker form AlZahra College for Women – Oman
- Dr. Suaad Jassem: HOD Managerial and Financial Sciences. Al Zahra College for Women, Oman
Keynote speaker form Universitas Sumatera Utara (USU) – Indonesia
- Sambas Ade kesuma SE, M.Si, Ph.D, Ak, CA
- Prof Asma Salman – American University in the Emirates Professor of Finance Dean of College of Business Administration
- Dr Gurdal Ertek – United Arab Emirates university Associate Professor in finance Associate Professor
- Dr Sun Huaping – Jiangsu University Professor of Finance Professor, Doctoral Supervisor
- Dr. Peter Oyelere – United Arab Emirates university Accounting Associate Professor in Accounting
- Prof Aziz Jaafar – University of Sharjah International Financial Reporting and Accounting International Financial Reporting and Accounting PhD Accounting, Bangor University, UK
Honorary Conference President
Prof. Mona Rashid Al-Zayani
Funding and Chairperson of Board of Trustees of Gulf University
Prof. Mona Rashid Al Zayani is a very well-known intellectual, social worker and the chairperson of GULF University in kingdom of Bahrain. She has done her PhD in curriculum and teaching, from USA in 1985.She has M.Sc. in Curriculum and Instruction from USA too. Her B.Sc. is in English Language Arts, from Iraq. Dr. Mona Al-Zayani has contributed tremendously in the field of education as she is the founder of Bahrain center for reading and computer, Gulf University and Al-Hekma School in Bahrain. Dr. Mona Al-Zayani has been the director of the Bahrain branch – Arabic Open University, 2001 to 2003.She has also been the member of Consultative Council – Bahrain, from 2000 to 2002.She is the Chairperson of the Board of Directors of Al Hekma School and Berlitz International Institute.
Prof. Mona Al Zayani has contributed in diverse fields of life such as she has been the member of Advisory programs of the Child and Family in Ministry of Information Affairs. She has also been the member of the Child and Maternity Care Association in 1968.She has been the Advisory member in the University Council, Harvard University USA. She has also served as an Assistant Professor in Arabian Gulf University for 7 years and enlightened the youth of Bahrain from her intellectual spark of knowledge.
Prof. Dr. Mohanad Ismael Ibrahim Al Firas,
President, Gulf University, Kingdom of Bahrain
Prof. Mohanad Alfiras received his B.Sc. Honors degree in Electric and Electronic Engineering in 1998 from University of Technology, Iraq. He continued his higher education at the same University and accomplished his MS. and Ph.D. degrees in Communication System Engineering in 2000 and 2006, respectively. In 2006, he joined Gulf University as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Communication Engineering. He was promoted as the Head of Computer Communication Engineering in 2008. Mohanad Al Firas has authored/co-authored over 41 research/publications in peer reviewed reputed journals and presented papers in numerous conferences. With his academic accomplishments, he also continued his academic administrative duties at Gulf University. He fulfilled his duty as the Dean of Admissions and Registration of Gulf University. Since 2015, he had been extending his duty as the Acting President of Gulf University and from 2017 he has become the President of Gulf University. In 2018, Mohanad Al Firas received a Principal Fellow Certificate from the Higher Education Academy. In April 2021, He was promoted as full Professor.
- Zahida Abro | Chair | Associate professor | Dean of Administrative and Financial College, Gulf University, Bahrain
- Mujeeb Saif | Member | Assistant Professor | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Ku Nor Izah Ku Ismail | Member | Professor, School of Accounting | University Utara Malaysia, Malaysia.
- Ahmad Alastal | Member | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Ahmed Gharaibeh | Member | Gulf University, Bahraiz
- Mohammad Omar Farooq | Member | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Tamer M. Alkadash | Member | Assistant Professor | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Karima Sayari | Member | Assistant Professor | Al Zahra College for Women, Oman
- Associate Professor Dr Hartini Jaafar – research interest: Retirement – UPSI
- Associate Professor Dr Mohd Faizal Basri – research interest: Banking – UPSI
- Associate Professor Dr Hazianti Abd Halim – research interest: Financial Reporting – UPSI
- Associate Professor Dr Rohaila Yusof – research interest: Accounting Education – UPSI
- Risanty, SE., M.Si., Ak, CA – USU – Indonesia
- Fahmi Natigor Nasution SE, M.Acc, Ak, CA, CMA– USU – Indonesia
- Sri Mulyani MBA., Ak. CA– USU – Indonesia
- Abdillah Arif Nasution SE., M.Si. Ak, CA., QGIA– USU – Indonesia
- Mujeeb Saif | Chair | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Ahmad Alastal | Coordinator | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Taniya Mukherjee | Member | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Ahmed Gharaibeh | Member | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Mohammad Omar Farooq | Member | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Sherif Badran | Member | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Tamer M. Alkadash | Member | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Ali Ateq | Member | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Rafat AlBatayneh | Member | Assistant Professor | Al Zahra College for Women, Oman
- Dr Rusliza Yahaya – UPSI
- Dr Mohd Danial Khamar Tazilah – UPSI
- Dr Norhanani Ahamad Rapani – UPSI
- Mr Norullah Ab Razak – UPSI
- May Hana Bilqis Rangkuti SE., M.Acc, Ak, CA – USU – Indonesia
- Juwita Agustrisna SE, M.Si Berhenti – USU – Indonesia
- Malinda Sari Sembiring SE., M.Si – USU – Indonesia
- Munawarah S.E., M.Si – USU – Indonesia
- Dio Agung Herubawa SE., M.Acc – USU – Indonesia
- Abdullah Al-Taher | Member – Media | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Dr Ahmad Tawalebeh | Member – Media | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Amjad AlTabal | Member – Media | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Ali Mansoor | Member – IT | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Muhammad Ali Kolachi | Member – IT | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Husain Alsaffar | Member – IT | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Zainab Albasri | Member – IT | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Fatima Ali Juma | Member – Public relation | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Syed Sageer | Member – Finance | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Mohd Alshaikh | Member | Facilities management | Gulf University, Bahrain
- Mr. Abdulla Emad | Member | Student service | Gulf University, Bahrain
Best Paper Awards
As part of Gulf University’s ongoing effort to promote top-quality research on accounting and financial issues concerning professionals, the conference committee will select an outstanding paper. The award consists of a printed certificate. The certificate will be delivered to the author(s) of the winning paper by the Conference Committee Chair during the conference’s closing ceremony. The author may be awarded, and his paper may be displayed on the journal webpage for a conference.
- The Conference Registration Fees quoted below includes: (i) Entrance to all online sessions of the Conference; (ii) An electronic copy of the Conference proceedings; and (iii) Associated Conference materials.
- Conference will be held Physically (in person), and online (Virtual).
|Virtual Attendance (No paper)||Physically Attend
|PhD & Master Students||$250||$450||Free||$50|
|Professional / Government & Public Sector||$400||$600||Free||$100|
Note: – The fee above includes the publication and presentation fee.
- Payment Deadlines: Participants’ payments must reach us no later than 05th December 2023.
- Payments Methods:
- Pay online through ConfManage:
- Or Bank Transfer to:
Beneficiary Name: GULF UNIVERSITY
Beneficiary Address: P.O. Box 26489 , Adliya, Kingdom of Bahrain
Bank Name: M/S BANK OF BAHRAIN AND KUWAIT (BBK)
Branch Address: P.O. Box: 597, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
Account Number: 100000310535
Swift Code (BIC): BBKUBHBM
Country: Kingdom of Bahrain
- Please ensure that the Full Name should noted on the transfer
- After you pay online or send a Bank transfer, please send a copy of your receipt payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any queries about payment methods, you can contact us: email@example.com
For More Information
Coordinator of Organizing Committee
Dr. Ahmad Alastal
Chair of Organizing Committee
Start TimeDecember 6, 2023 - 12:00 am
End TimeDecember 7, 2023 - 11:59 pm
OrganizerCollege of Administration and Financial Sciences
Sanad, Capital Governorate 743 Bahrain + Google Map