Current Position: Director, Quality Assurance and Development Center
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Assistant Professor
College: ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL SCIENCES
Department: Administration Sciences
- Ph.D. in Economics, Andhra University, India, 2007.
- Master of Business Administration, Amity University India, Specialization in Marketing and Finance, 2013.
- Master (MA) of Economics, with Specialization in Mathematical Economics and Econometrics, Andhra University, India, 1996.
- Bachelor of Science in Economics (Honors), Calcutta University, India, 1994.
- Fellow UK Higher Education Academy.
Teaching & Learning Statement
Dr. Rumpa’s teaching and learning philosophy underpins her belief towards the dimensions of UK Standards Professional Framework. Her teaching approach aims to transform passive learning into goal directed active learning. She focuses on student centric learning approaches keeping in mind the diversity of the student group by engaging themselves in small group task, project based learning, brainstorming etc. She adapts and facilitates an effective learning environment which promotes equity, support, collaborative learning, digital tools, monitors student performance and encourages constructive feedback considering the needs of the students. She acknowledges the importance of prior knowledge, social and emotional experience of the students and connects the issues to students’ interest by giving real life tasks. The interactive learning environment has significant impact on student learning.
Dr. Rumpa has experience in quality assurance in Bahrain’s Higher Education Institutions since 2008. She has contributed significantly in preparing strategic plan, annual report of the University. She has taken lead role in preparing the University for Institutional Accreditation and Program Review. She has contributed positively in monitoring and following up of academic and administrative operations; developing/revising policies and procedures of the University, ensuring continuous quality enhancement. She has proved her mettle in preparing various reports, action plan at program and institutional level.
She has teaching expertise in Micro Economics, Macro Economics, Managerial Economics, Quantitative Mathematics, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, Principles of Management, Operations Research etc. She provides guidance in research projects, thesis and project feasibility study for undergraduate and graduate students in higher education. She has designed course content, objectives, intended learning outcomes, assessment methods both at undergraduate and post graduate level.
Dr. Rumpa’s Ph.D thesis covered ‘Liberalization in Petroleum Industry’. However her areas of research interest include Mathematical Economics, Consumer Behavior, Entrepreneurship and feasibility study; employee satisfaction, Micro Finance etc. Her role in strategic management and quality assurance has opened a new paradigm in her research are namely, education, recent trends and innovation in teaching- learning, corporate social responsibility, governance, leadership etc. She is currently working on research projects towards impacting economic growth, enhancing higher education experience.
- Rumpa Roy. (2017). A Study on Job Satisfaction of Nurses in Kingdom of Bahrain. International Journal of Business & Management, Issue 7, Vol 5, 97-105.
- Hesham ElMarsafawy, Rumpa Roy, Mouayed Aziz Hasan, Ms. Ibtisam Alhoutary. (2017). Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): It Begins with Student hood at Higher Education Institutions. Annual International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation. Seville, Spain. ISBN: 978-84-697-6957-7 ISSN: 2340-1095 doi: 10.21125/iceri.2017.2032.
- Rumpa Roy, Hesham ElMarsafawy. (2018). Organizational Structure for 21st Century Higher Education Institutions: Meeting Expectations and Crossing Challenges. International Conference on Education and New Development. Budapest, Hungary. ISSN: 2184-044X ISBN:978-989-99864-8-0 © 2018.
Other Interest & Activities
Dr. Rumpa enjoys travelling around the world; actively engages herself in community service; loves doing anchoring in social and cultural programs. Being amicable and trustworthy she enjoys networking with friends. She has a passion to transform the lives of persons around her and always dreams for a better future.