Job Title: Associate Professorin Mechanical Engineeringwith specialization in (Thermal Energy/Fluid Mechanics)
Department: Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Reports to: Head of Department; Dean
Closing Date: March 26, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
Introduction: Gulf University (GU) is one of the reputed private and Higher Education Council accredited universities in Bahrain. The university has also received full confidence judgement for BQA (Educational & Training Quality Authority, Bahrain) institutional review. Gulf University embraces excellence through its fit for purpose academic programs in various disciplines. All the academic programs have been achieved confidence under BQA program review.
The Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering at Gulf University invites applications for Associate Professor position in Mechanical Engineering. The Department and the College of Engineering value both teaching and research in their endeavor to offer quality academic programs. The candidate will be a member of an experienced, diverse and professional team of scholars that will make a significant contribution in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Expected Qualifications:
- PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering from a higher education institute recognized by Higher Education Council (HEC) Bahrain.
- Professional certificate relevant to the discipline
- Membership from International Professional Bodies/Organization/Association
- Expected Experience:
- Worked as an Associate Professor in a reputed accredited higher education institute.
- A minimum of five years’ experience of teaching different courses in Mechanical Engineering (in the relevant specialization)
- Excellent research experience in the field of specialization
- A minimum of five years of relevant industrial experience in the field of specialization
- Good experience in developing course specifications as per the National Qualification Framework and international accreditation standards.
- Good experience in utilizing different software relevant to the specialization.
- Required Skills:
- Leadership: Solid academic leadership, strategic thinking, and systematic decision-making skills
- Ability to practice innovative and student centric teaching methods and manage quality enhancement in higher education environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technology agility
- Research skills in the field of specialization
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and maintain effective work relationships with staff
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Teaching and learning: To able to deliver courses with hands on approach for relevant domains in the program.
- To contribute to different committees at college and university levels that supports the achievement of the program and university mission
- Research pursuits: To be engaged in different research and scholarly activities related to the discipline
- Community engagement: To contribute to community engagement activities and services in impactful manner
- Documents needed:
- Application Form.
- Copy of earned credential (BSc, Master and PhD).
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of promotion to ‘Associate Professor’
- Cover letter
- Teaching, learning and research philosophy
- Three referees’ contact information (email as well their telephones numbers)
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application
For More Details: Download