Job Title: Associate Professorin Accounting and Financewith specialization in Finance
Department: Accounting and Financial Sciences
College: Administrative and Financial Sciences
Introduction: The Accounting and Finance program at Gulf University seeks to ensure that the program graduates have the best career opportunities. The program aims to provide knowledge of accounting, finance, and related areas and the following employability skillsets: analytical, communication, leadership, teamwork, responsibility, lifelong learning, and other skills. The Accounting and Finance program seeks to achieve realistic approaches to students through internships, graduation projects, field visits, and special guest speakers. The program also represents a basis for continuing education at the graduate/postgraduate level – master’s degree in Accounting or Finance, PhD degree, and professional qualifications.
- Expected Qualifications:
- PhD in a Finance area from an accredited university is essential; (for the PhD to be recognized, the candidate must have both master’s and bachelor’s degrees)
- Membership of an accounting/ finance professional body is desirable.
- A qualification in Fintech is desirable.
- Fellowship of Advanced HE (UK) is desirable.
- Expected Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience of teaching different courses in Accounting & Finance
- A minimum of two years of relevant industrial experience in Accounting & Finance.
- Experience developing course specifications according to specified requirements, for example, in accordance with National Qualification Framework requirements and international professional/ academic accreditation standards.
- Experience in utilizing different software relevant to the specialization.
- Required Skills:
- Ability to create and maintain effective work relationships with other staff.
- Ability to use generalized (e.g., Excel) and specialized (e.g., Sage) accounting and finance software.
- Ability to develop teaching curriculum and manage quality enhancement in a higher education environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid research experience in the field of specialization.
- Rules and Responsibilities:
- Teaching and learning: must be able to deliver classes for different levels of the program’s specialization domains. Use innovative teaching methods to provide high-quality and effective teaching at all levels in finance courses to equip students with the essential skills and attributes for their future careers.
- Carry out a range of administrative tasks within the department and provide academic support to students.
- Contribute to different committees at college and university levels that support the achievement of the program mission.
- Research engagement: must be engaged in research and scholarly activity related to the specialization or to teaching and learning.
- Community engagement: contribute to different community engagement activities organized by the college and the university.
- Personal development: Maintain a personal development program as agreed with the line manager.
- Engage in interdisciplinary collaboration and knowledge exchange with other academic or industrial partners.
- Carry out other duties in support of College and University initiatives
- Documents needed:
- Application Form.
- Copy of earned credential (BSc, Master, and PhD).
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching and learning, and research philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact details (email as well telephones number).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
For More Details: Download