Job Title: Assistant Professorin Mechanical Engineeringwith specialization in Materials
Department: Mechanical and Electrical Engineering
Reports to: Head of Department; Dean
Closing Date: March 26, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
Introduction: Gulf University is one of the reputed private and Higher Education Council accredited universities in Bahrain. The university has also received full confidence judgement for BQA (Educational & Training Quality Authority, Bahrain) institutional review. Gulf University embraces excellence through its fit for purpose academic programs in various disciplines. All the academic programs have been achieved confidence under BQA program review.
The Department of Mechanical and Electrical Engineering at Gulf University invites applications for Assistant Professor position in Mechanical Engineering. The Department and the College of Engineering value both teaching and research in their endeavor to offer quality academic programs. The candidate will be a member of an experienced, diverse and professional team of scholars that will make a significant contribution in the field of Mechanical Engineering.
- Expected Qualifications:
- in Mechanical Engineering from a higher education institute recognized by Higher Education Council (HEC) Bahrain.
- Expected Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience of teaching different courses in Mechanical Engineering (in the specialization and other related courses).
- A minimum of two years of relevant industrial experience in various Non Destructive testing (NDT) techniques, physical and microstructure based material properties, material selection.
- Experience in developing course specifications as per the National Qualification Framework and international accreditation standards.
- Experience in utilizing different software relevant to the specialization
- Strong and recognized research profile
- Required Skills:
- Leadership: Skills that helps the candidate to work effectively with and garner respect from students, parents, and the community.
- Teaching skills: Ability to practice innovative and student centric teaching methods and manage quality enhancement in higher education environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Digital fluency
- Ability to work with students from different culture and background
- Interpersonal skills
- in the field of specialization
- Roles and Responsibilities:
- Documents needed:
- Application Form
- Copy of earned credential (BSc, Master and PhD).
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter
- Teaching, learning and research philosophy
- Three referees’ contact information (email as well their telephones numbers).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
For More Details: Download