Job Title: Assistant Professor in English Media Writing.
Department: Mass Communication and Public Relations.
Program: Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication.
College: Administrative and Financial Science
Introduction: The bachelor’s in media program at the Gulf University is designed to develop media competencies for students who wish to work in media fields by developing their knowledge and professional skills. The program also targets students with some previous experience in the media.
The program rationale is to provide students with the required knowledge in the media, radio and television, journalism, and public relations fields by following a multidisciplinary approach and professional practices that follow an orderly sequence of modules. These modules allow developing students’ knowledge and understanding by focusing on communication theories, history, linguistics, communication technology, social sciences, journalism, media, public relations, and research. The students’ skills will be enhanced by studying a wide range of courses that balance knowledge, application, specialized skills, critical and creative thinking, general skills, and graduation projects.
- Expected Qualifications:
- PhD degree in English Media Writing from an accredited university is required.
- Membership of a Media and Mass communication professional body is desirable.
- Expected Experience:
- A minimum of three years’ experience of teaching different courses in Media Writing in English (in the specialization and other related courses).
- A minimum of two years of relevant industrial experience in the field of specialization.
- Experience in developing course specifications as per the National Qualification Framework and international accreditation standards.
- Experience in utilizing different software relevant to the Media specialization.
- Required Skills:
- Ability to create and maintain effective work relationships with staff.
- Ability to develop teaching curriculum and manage quality enhancement in the higher education environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid research experience in the field of specialization.
- Ability to teach both in Arabic and English language.
- Rules and Responsibilities:
- Teaching and learning: must be able to deliver classes for different levels of the program’s specialization domains.
- Contribute to different committees at college and university levels that support the achievement of the program mission.
- Research engagement: must be engaged in different research and scholarly activities related to the specialization field.
- Community engagement: contributes to different community engagement activities organized by the college and university.
- Documents needed:
- Application Form.
- Copy of earned credential (BSc, Master, and PhD).
- Current Curriculum Vitae.
- Cover letter.
- Teaching, learning, and research philosophy.
- Three referees’ contact information (email as well their telephone numbers).
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
For More Details: Download