Current Position: HOD of Mechanical Engineering
Email Address: email@example.com
Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Mechanical Engineering
- PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Cardiff University, United Kingdom, 2019.
- Master degree in mechanical engineering – thermal power, Al-Nahrain University, Iraq, 2010.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Al-Nahrain University, Iraq, 2006.
Teaching & Learning Statement
Dr Oula’s aims in teaching are to promote the development of a foundation of concepts and learning skills to encourage further learning and thought. She leads students through all her courses in critical thinking, solving problems and applying basic concepts to new environments. These skills will prepare students for potential learning and employment environments with a wide variety of demands.
Dr. Oula is an assistant professor of Mechanical Engineering/ thermal power. She is a chair of the college level quality assurance committee and a member of several committees at Gulf University, such as Program Review and Development Committee, Teaching Learning and Assessment Committee. She was a lecturer at refrigeration and air conditioning engineering department, Dijlah University college, Iraq from 2020 to 2022. She was a member of the exam committee at , Dijlah University college, Iraq from 2020 to 2022.
Dr. Oula’s research interests are related to fluid mechanics, heat transfer, computational fluid dynamics and simulation modelling using ANSYS Fluent software.
- G.F. Smaism, O.M.H. Fatla, A. Valera-Medina, A.M. Rageb, N. Syred, “Investigation of heat transfer and fluid mechanics across a heated rotating circular cylinder in crossflow”, 54th AIAA Aerospace Science Meeting, 2016 (DOI: 10.2514/6.2016-0494)
- G.F. Smaism, O.M.H. Fatla, A. Valera-Medina, A.M. Rageb, N. Syred, “Experimental and theoretical investigation of the effect of rotating circular cylinder speed on the lift and drag forces”, International Journal of Energy and Environment, 7(2016) 23-36
- Oula M.H. Fatla, Agustin Valera-Medina, Fiona Robinson, Mark Cichuta, Nathan Beynon, “Development of convection in high temperature coil annealing furnaces using rotating cylinder technique”, Applied Thermal Engineering, 129(2018) 1392-1402