Current Position: Associate Professor
Email Address: email@example.com
Title: Associate Professor
Department: Mechanical Engineering
- PhD in Mechanical and Materials Engineering, National University of Malaysia (UKM), Malaysia, 2015.
- Master in Mechanical and Materials Engineering, National University of Malaysia (UKM), Malaysia, 2010.
- Sc. in Mechanical/Production Engineering, University of Technology–Baghdad, Iraq, 2006.
- Member of The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), Membership ID: 1101065119, (UK).
- Member of Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES), Membership ID: 4090.1, (USA).
- Member of board of Engineers Malaysia (Malaysia)
- Member of International Association Of Advanced Materials-IAAM, membership Number: 84271602947 (Sweden)
- Member of Hong Kong Chemical, Biological& Environmental Engineering Society (HKCBEES), Membership ID: 202876 (Hong Kong)
- Member of American Society for Metals (ASM International), Membership ID: C-06054864 (USA)
- Member of Society for Carbide-Tool Engineers (SCTE) SINCE: 10/28/2018, Membership ID: C-06054864 (USA)
- Member of The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Membership ID: 95235651 (USA)
Teaching & Learning Statement
As a lecturer and during his academic roles, Dr. Mohammed used to identify the learning needs of students and to define appropriate learning objectives, design teaching materials, identify areas where current provision needs revision or improvement, supervise student projects, field trips and placement activity. In addition, He believed that the classroom diversity includes not only ethnic, racial, gender, and socio-economic diversities, but also diversity in learning styles. In providing a multitude of applicable resources, students are better equipped for an equal learning experience. During modules delivery, Dr. Mohammed used to implement the all 21st century teaching style like Flipped Classroom, Project-Based Learning, industry-based problem solving, Gamification and Thinking-Based Learning. This is achieved through demonstration of practical significance of in-class problems to industry real life, supported by his relevant industry experience in the use of industry standards and codes, problem solving methodologies and teamwork.
Dr. Mohammed previous jobs accumulate above 10 years’ experience in academia, research, and industry in the Mechanical engineering disciplines. As a lecturer and during his academic roles, Dr. Mohammed teaching experience involved delivery of modules to all Mechanical Engineering principles with range of modules such as Material science, Manufacturing Processes, Automotive Engineering, Electrical Vehicles, Renewable energy and green technology, Smart Cites, Internet of things (IoT), Robotics, Advanced Materials Engineering including laboratories and workshops, as well as investigating sustainability and innovation within the industry and business practice. He was working with a variety of stakeholders to enhance the school’s scholarly culture, deepening engagement with research institutes, and developing partnerships with professional bodies, international partners, alumni, and other relevant organisations.
Dr. Mohammed has been fortunate to be a part of several interdisciplinary projects and has gained valuable research experience working with colleagues. Dr. Mohammed contribution to the research field is evidenced by his publications mainly in Metal Processing and Advanced Materials Joining, renewable energy and green technology, Internet of Think (IoT), Robotics, and smart cities. As of now, He has more than 1525 citations, h-index = 20 and i10-index = 43. To date He has authored or co-authored more than 190 publications including Patents, Books, Chapters review, and peer-reviewed papers in journals and conferences. Furthermore, he has been supervised number of candidates during the period of his experience carrier includes, Twenty-Three Postgraduate students including Seven Ph.D. Students, Sixteen Master Students and more than Thirty undergraduate students. As of now, for the funded projects and grants and research fund generation, He has scored 8 grants in the field of Mechanical Engineering. Over the years, Dr. Mohammed Alshekhly had been an editor and peer-reviewed of different international journals, Chairperson Organizing Committee and member of different international scientific associations and has been awarded diverse medals internationally.
- Toward Sustainable Smart Cities in Kingdom of Bahrain: A New Approach of Smart Restaurant Management and Ordering System During Covid-19, 2022 IEEE International Conference on Automatic Control & Intelligent Systems (I2CACIS 2022). 25th June 2022, Malaysia.
- Challenges on Digital Cyber-Security and Network Forensics: A Survey, Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, vol 127. pp 524–537, Springer, Cham 2022.
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19): Toward a Novel Design for nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swabbing robot, 18th IEEE International Colloquium on Signal Processing & Applications, 12th May 2022, Hybrid Conference, Malaysia.
- Microstructure Evaluation and Mechanical Properties of Thixoformed Ai–5.7Si–2Cu–0.3Mg Aluminum Alloys, Inter Metalcast.
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19): Toward a Novel Design for Smart Waste Management robot, 18th IEEE International Colloquium on Signal Processing & Applications, 12th May 2022, Malaysia.
- Prototype of Monitoring and Controlling System on Gondola Cage Security Based Android Application, Eksergi 18 (2), 119-123(2022).
- Design and Development of Smart Umbrella Based on Iot Technology, 18th IEEE International Colloquium on Signal Processing & Applications, 12th May 2022, Malaysia.
- Comparative Analysis of Windings and Vector Groups in 20/0.4 kV Distribution Transformers at CV. Centrado Prima, Eksergi, Vol. 18, No. 3. September
- Design and Development of Real Time Indoor and Outdoor Air Quality Monitoring System Based on IoT Technology, 18th IEEE International Colloquium on Signal Processing & Applications, 12th May 2022, Malaysia.
- A Review on Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Joining Carbon-Nanotubes and Nanowires: Joining and Properties. International Journal of Integrated Engineering: VOL. 14 NO. 4 (2022).
- Determination of Soil Texture Using Image Processing Technique, 18th IEEE International Colloquium on Signal Processing & Applications, 12th May 2022, Malaysia.
- Droplet Combustion and Thermogravimetric Analysis of Pure Coconut Oil, Clove Oil, and Their Mixture, Science and Technology Indonesia 7 (3), 313-319(2022).
- The Development of Driving Simulator Game-Based Learning in Virtual Reality, 18th IEEE International Colloquium on Signal Processing & Applications, 12th May 2022, Malaysia.
- Design & development of friction welding machine based on lathe machine, AIP Conference Proceedings 2578, 070002 (2022)
- Towards Increase Reading Habit for Preschool Children Through Interactive Augmented Reality Storybook, 12th IEEE Symposium on Computer Applications & Industrial Electronics, 21st – 22nd May 2022, Malaysia
- Hyperelastic Properties of Bamboo Cellulosic Fibre–Reinforced Silicone Rubber Biocomposites via Compression Test, International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 23 (11), 6338,2022
- Morphological, Physical, and Mechanical Properties of Sugar-Palm (Arenga pinnata (Wurmb) Merr.)-Reinforced Silicone Rubber Biocomposites.” Materials 15.12 (2022): 4062.
- New Trends in Polymeric and Biocomposite Material Applications, Materials, 15 (12), 4062,2022
- Investigation of the Physical Properties and Droplet Combustion Analysis of Biofuel from Mixed Vegetable Oil and Clove Oil, Science and Technology Indonesia 7 (4), 500-507 (2022).
- Development of Hybrid Intelligent Models for Prediction Machining Performance Measure in End Milling of Ti6Al4V Alloy with PVD Coated Tool under Dry Cutting Conditions. Lubricants 2022, 10, 236.
- Country’s no. 1 scientist among Mechanical Engineering scientists in Bahrain according to Alper Doger (AD) Scientific Index 2023.
- Best researcher award from Gulf University for the year 2021-2022, 27th July 2022
- Best research, RIPHEN Sustainable Communities Symposium Proceedings, 19th November 2021.
- Best Oral Presentation Award in the International Virtual Conference on Integrative Medicine (EICM2021) on August 17 to 19, 2021.
- Gold medal, MTE 2021: COVID-19 International Innovation Awards II. 14-18 June 2021
- International Award of Merit from the Republic of Croatia in conjunction with the Malaysia-Croatia Technology Exchange 2021 for the (Recent Advances and Perspectives of the Covid-19 Detection and Diagnosis Systems Using IoT Based Technology).
- Gold medal, Novel covid-19 detection and diagnosis system using IoT based technology, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX 2020), Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia.
- Best Teaching and Learning” award from Management & Science University, 1st December 2019, Malaysia
- 1st Runner Up at Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers (FMM) Selangor – MSU Entrepreneurship & Innovation Program 2019, Malaysia
- Gold medal, Fire Fighter Robot with Night Vision International Invention, Innovation and Technology Exhibition (ITEX 2019), Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia
Selected Book and Book Chapters
- Biocomposite and Synthetic Composites for Automotive Applications, Woodhead Publishing Paperback ISBN: 9780128205594, Elsevier.2020
- Composite Solutions for Ballistics (State-of-the-art review on recent advances and perspectives of ballistic composite materials), Woodhead Publishing Series in Composites Science and Engineering, ISBN: 978-0-12-821990-4, Elsevier,2021
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease (Covid-19), Recent Advances and Perspectives of the Covid-19 Detection Systems Using IoT Based Technology, 978-613-8-94468-3, 2021
- Advances and Perspectives of The Covid-19 Disinfection Systems, The Role of Internet of Things (IoT) in Managing the Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic, 978-613-8-94958-9, 2021
- An Internet of Things-Based Smart homes and Environmental Quality Management System, Taylor, and Francis, (eBook ISBN 9781003146087) 2022