Current Position: Director of Teaching Excellence and Technology Centre (TETC) / Lecturer in Interior Design Engineering Department
Email Address: email@example.com
Research Field of Interest: Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, CFD, HVAC, Thermal Comfort and IAQ
Title: Eng. Ibrahim Reda
Department: Architectural and Interior Design Engineering
Specialization (General): Mechanical Power Engineering, Building Services
Specialization (Specific): Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Built Environment
I have been awarded the degree of Bachelor of Science in mechanical power engineering in Benha University in Egypt since 2011, further, I have been awarded my Master’s degree in heat transfer field from Cairo university in 2017, from 2019 till now I’m working on my Ph. D. degree in mechanical engineering in Ain Shams University.
- FHEA: Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Egyptian Engineers syndicate.
- Arab Engineers syndicate.
Teaching & Learning Statement
I’m teaching all courses related to building services’ domain in Architectural and Interior Design Engineering department such Thermal comfort and Indoor Air Quality, Illumination and Acoustics, Plumbing systems and fixture, Advanced Technical Installations. In addition I teach mechanical courses such Thermodynamic & Fluid Mechanics, Material Physics and Properties , , and other courses such Engineering Drawing, Physics of Lighting and Acoustics and Engineering Economics and Management. Moreover, working as a Co-instructor for all studio levels to reflect and integrate the building services’ courses with design studio courses.
Now, I am working at Gulf University as a Lecturer in Interior Design Department (Full time from Sept. 2019) and director of Teaching Excellence and Technology Center. In addition, working as a member of Examination Committee, and as a coordinator of Teaching Learning and Assessment Committee at university level, and colleague level. Member of quality assurance at college level. Finally, I have participated to achieve the international accreditation for the IDE program in 2019. My industrial experience shows ten years’ experience working as a mechanical design engineer in a consultancy company (Full and Part time), and technical office engineer in the Arab Contractors Company (Full time from 2014 to Aug. 2019). I participated in designing and executing many projects with mega and medium scales in Egypt and Saudi Arabia.
My research interest focuses on Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, CFD, HVAC, and Thermal Comfort and Indoor Air Quality.
- Air Flow Regimes and Thermal Comfort inside Vehicle Cabin, published in ASHRAE”, EinB2017 – 6th International Conference, ENERGY in BUILDINGS 2017.
- MODELING OF THERMAL COMFORT INPASSENGERS’CAR CABIN, published in Journal of Basic and Applied Research International, 23(2): 81-92, 2017.
- Air Flow Regimes and Thermal Comfort inside Vehicle Cabin, published in Fluid Mechanics: Open Access, Reda et al., Fluid MechOpenAcc2017,4:4.
- Shape Effectiveness of HVAC Outlets on Automobile Thermal Comfort (AT-2019-C062) IReda , EEKhalil ,TM Aboudeif , AEl Degwy -ASHRAE Transactions, 2019
- PROJECT-BASED LEARNING BY EXPERIMENTAL-BASEDLEARNING: EFFICIENTHANDS-ON PRACTICE IN INTERIOR DESIGN ENGINEERING EDUCATION ,H.ElMarsafawy ,O.Blibech , H.Elzefzafy, A. Abdulsalam Al-Ayash, I.Reda , ICERI2020,13th annual International Conference of Education, Research and Innovation.
Other Interest & Activities
- Technology and software