Current Position: Chief Operating Officer (COO)/Faculty Member
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Research Field of Interest: Construction Management, Contracts, Engineering Drawing and Detailing, Estimation and Specifications, Productivity in Construction
Title: Associate Professor
Department: Architectural and Interior Design Engineering
Specialization (General): Civil Engineering
Specialization (Specific): Construction Management
- PhD in civil Engineering (construction Management), Baghdad University, 1996
- Master of Civil Engineering (construction Management), Heriot Watt University, UK, 1987
- Bachelor of Science in Civil engineering, University of Technology, Baghdad, 1977
- Consultant Engineer / Iraqi Engineers Union.
- Internal Quality Auditor / Iraq.
- Bahrain Society of Engineer.
Teaching & Learning Statement
I am teaching courses related to building domain in Architectural and Interior Design Engineering department such as: Engineering Drawing, Engineering Economics and management, Introduction to engineering, Building Component and Systems.
I had plenty years of experience, 10 years as a site engineer and Head of Planning and Programming Department in the Ministry of Housing in Iraq. Then, in 1990, I joined the Ministry of Higher Education in Iraq, I worked in many universities as a faculty.
In 2010, I worked as a faculty in many universities in Sudan. Since 2014 up to 2020, I worked as an Advisor at the office of the Secretary General of the Higher Education Council in the Ministry of Education in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Now, I am working at Gulf University as a faculty in Interior Design Department (Full time from Sept. 2020), and have a position of Chief Operating Officer (directing four departments: Accounting, IT, HR, and Maintenance).
My research interest focuses on Construction Management, Contracts, Engineering Drawing and Detailing, Estimation and specifications, Productivity in construction.
- Developing Construction Management Approach System for Iraqi Construction Sector” by Zuhair N. Abdul-Razzaq and Haydar K.Al-Abdaly, third Engineering Scientific Conference, Baghdad (2000).
- Suggestion an application of Expert System for selecting piles driving methods and equipment for Iraqi construction projects”, Zuhair N. Abdul Razzaq and Kareem M. Alani, Journal of Engineering and Development, No. 2 (2000).
- Using Expert System for managing water resources”, Zuhair N. Abdul-Razzaq and Osama Al-hadithi, Journal of Engineering and Development, University of Al-Mustansiriya, No.1, 1999).
- Lower Labor productivity in the construction projects” Zuhair N. Abdul- Razzaq, Journal of Engineering and Development, College of Engineering-University of Al Mustansiriya, Volume 3 no.1, (1999).
- Having an efficient management system for controlling Accident site cost problems of Iraqi projects”, Zuhair N. Abdul Razzaq And Raji AL-Ani, The First National Civil Engineering Conference, AL-Anbar University (1998).
- Getting an efficient on-site material cost control for construction projects”, Zuhair N. Abdul-Razzaq And Raji Al-Ani, AL-MUHANDIS journal of Scientific Society Iraqi Engineering Union, Volume 132 no. 4 (1997).
- Getting an efficient site management system for subcontractors cost problems control of Iraqi construction project”, Zuhair N. Abdul-Razzaq And Raji Al-Ani, Journal Of Engineering and Development, College of Engineering, University of Al-Mustansiriya, Volume 1 no. 2 (1997).
- Getting an efficient management system for Labor site cost problem control for Iraqi projects “, Zuhair N. Abdul- Razzaq and Raji Al-Ani, ENGINEERING, Volume 3, (1997).
- An efficient on-site plant cost control for construction projects”, Zuhair N. Abdul-Razzaq and Raji Al-Ani, Journal of Military Engineering College (1995).
- Site low productivity caused by Stressed Periods –A practical study”, Zuhair N. Abdul-Razzaq, the 3rd Engineering Scientific Conference, organized by Ministry of Housing, Baghdad (1992).
- The Assistant for Construction Drawing, Textbook, AL-Anbar University, Iraq, 1990.
- Principles of Industrial Management, Khartuom,2013.
Other Interest & Activities
Reading and helping people.