Current Position: Faculty Member
Email Address: email@example.com
Title: Associate Professor
Department: Architectural & Interior Design Engineering
- PhD – Design philosophy, University of Baghdad, 2004.
- MA. Industrial Design [ Street Furniture], University of Baghdad, 1997.
- B.Sc. Industrial Design [ The use of precast concrete in the design of residential homes], University of Baghdad, 1993.
- The Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET)
- Dubai Design & Fashion Council (DDFC)
Teaching & Learning Statement
My teaching philosophy is based on an emphasis on enhancing self-confidence and insisting on self-development and keeping pace with scientific and technological development. With an emphasis on the need to pay attention to constructive dialogue between the student and the professor with an exchange of roles so that the teaching and learning process for both parties will contribute to enhancing the scientific and educational level of the student and the professor.
Dr. Ashraf has 15 years of academic experience (teaching–admirations) at different universities in Iraq, Jordan and Bahrain; including undergraduate Courses & post Graduate Courses. He Has professional, teaching, and research experience in Virtual Reality & Mixed Reality of Design in interior Spaces, Product Design & industrial design. He Supervised many MA Thesis and Graduation projects in interior and industrial design. Dr. Ashraf presented his research at international conferences in Iraq, Jordan, Syprus Bahrain, & Dubai – UAE. He has been in management positions since 2006 such as Head of Plastic Arts Department / Dean Assistant for administration issues/Head of interior design department. Dr. Ashraf has over 20 years practical experience in the field of Design interior Spaces & elevations for deferent types of building.
Research interests vary between the types of interior design and industrial design and the problems and solutions that contribute to the design process, especially in the virtual Reality [ VR , AR & Mixed Reality] and the use of modern software and contemporary technologies in creating new ways to preset and interact the design.
- Nadheer ,Ashraf. 2017. “LAW OF ILLUSION IN INTERIOR DESIGN” Cihan University-Erbil Scientific Journal. 2519-6979.
- Nadheer ,Ashraf. 2016. “lighting Accessories in interior design” The Third Design and Environment Conference. Conference proceedings.
- Nadheer ,Ashraf & Albakri ,Malath . 2014. “”Developing furniture designs for the National Home Furniture Industry Company (N.H.F.I.C) in Iraq” The first national scientific conference of the Faculties of Fine Arts in Iraq. Conference proceedings.