Current Position: Faculty Member
Email Address: email@example.com
Title: Associate Professor
College: ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL SCIENCES
Department: Accounting & Financial Sciences
- PhD in Accounting, University Utara Malaysia, Malaysia, 2019.
- Master Science in International Accounting, University Utara Malaysia, Malaysia, 2016.
- Bachelor in Accounting, College of Commerce and Economics, Hodeidah University, Yemen, 2005.
- UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and learning support in higher education.
Teaching & Learning Statement
Dr Mujeeb aims in teaching is to promote the development of a foundation of concepts and learning skills to encourage further learning and thought. He leads students through all his courses in assessing evidence, logical reasoning, developing arguments, solving problems and applying basic concepts to new environments. These skills will prepare students for potential learning and employment environments with a wide variety of demands. Further, Dr Mujeeb gives special consideration to using technology software in all of his courses to gives the student a powerful weapon that makes him able to keep pace with technological developments in the current era.
Dr Mujeeb is an Assistant Professor of Accounting and finance. He is also a member of several committees at Gulf University, e.g., Examination Committee, Scientific Research Council Quality Assurance Committee for the year 2020/2021. He was a Lecturer at Accounting Department, Abs Community college-Hajjah, Yemen from 2005 to 2012. Besides, he was an Accountant at Salah Al – Awadi Industrial Complex, Hodeidah, Yemen from 2005 to earlier of 2012.
Dr Mujeeb’s research interests focus on all area of Accounting, and in particular, financial reporting quality, earnings management, corporate governance, and firm performance. The aim of his research is to contribute to the literature in accounting and research knowledge. Moreover, he attempts to help policymakers and all users of accounting information in making the right decisions, solving the issues that arose and helping them to improve their situation. Dr Mujeeb is willing to work with any researchers around the world and particularly in his institution.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Ismail, K. N. I. K., & Chandren, S. (2021). The association between real activities and accruals earnings management in malaysian listed companies. Contaduría y Administración, 66(3), 1-27.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M. (2020). The board chairman’s characteristics and financial stability of Malaysian-listed firms. Cogent Business & Management, 7(1), 1823586.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Almaamari, Q., Alkadash, T., & Habtoor, A. (2020). Gender Diversity and Financial Stability: Evidence from Malaysian Listed Firms. The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics, and Business, 7(12), 181-193.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Ismail, K. N. I. K., Chandren, S., & Al-Dubai, S. A. A. (2020). Involvement of Board Chairmen in Audit Committees and Earnings Management: Evidence from Malaysia. Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, 7(8), 233–246.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., & Ku Ismail, K. N. I. (2019). Accountants’ Perception on the Factors Affecting the Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards in Yemen. International Journal of Financial Research, 10(4), 128-142.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Ku Ismail, K. N. I., & Al-Dubai, S. A. (2016). Accountants’ Perceptions on the Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards in Yemen. International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, 6(4), 1911-1917.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Ku Ismail, K. N. I., & Chandren, S. (2017). Board chairmen’s involvement in audit committees and earnings management practices. Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3063845, 1-26.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Ku Ismail, K. N. I., & Chandren, S. (2018). Accounting expertise in the audit committee and earnings management. Business and Economic Horizons, 14(3), 451-476. http://dx.doi.org/410.15208/beh.12018.15233.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Ku Ismail, K. N. I., & Chandren, S. (2018). Board chairmen’s involvement in the nomination and remuneration committees and earnings management. Australasian Accounting, Business and Finance Journal, 12(4), 60-76. http://dx.doi.org/10.14453/aabfj.v14412i14454.14455.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Ku Ismail, K. N. I., & Chandren, S. (2019). Audit committee chairman characteristics and earnings management: The influence of family chairman. Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration, 11(4), 339-370. https://doi.org/310.1108/APJBA-1110-2018-0188.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Ku Ismail, K. N. I., & Chandren, S. (2019). Corporate governance mechanisms and family directives: aggressive or conservative in earnings’ management? Academy of Accounting and Financial Studies Journal, 23(1), 1-9. https://www.abacademies.org/journals/month-february-year-2019-vol-2023-issue-2011-journal-aafsj-past-issue.html.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Ku Ismail, K. N. I., & Chandren, S. (2019). Corporate governance mechanisms, whistle-blowing policy and earnings management practices of firms in Malaysia. International Journal of Business, Human and Social Sciences, 13(6), 917-922. doi.org/910.5281/zenodo.3299765.
- Al-Absy, M. S. M., Ku Ismail, K. N. I., & Chandren, S. (2019). Corporate governance mechanisms, whistle-blowing policy and real earnings management. International Journal of Financial Research, 10(6), 265-282. https://doi.org/210.5430/ijfr.v5410n5436p5265.
- Chandren, S., Al-Absy, M. S. M., & Qasem, A. (2020). Internal and external governance impact analysis and contribution on operating performance during goods and services tax implementation. a Malaysian evidence. International Journal of Supply Chain Management (IJSCM), 9(1), 908-920.
- Al-Maamari, Q. A., Al-Absy, M. S.M., Alkadash, T., Alzgool, M. R., Abdullah, M. A., & Bojiah, J. (2020). The moderating effect of organizational culture on the relationship between total quality management practices and individual readiness for tqm implementation at Yemen oil unit. PalArch’s Journal of Archaeology of Egypt/Egyptology, 17(7), 6204-6230.
- Al-Maamari, Q. A., Alkadash, T., Al-Absy, M. S. M., Alzgool, M. R., Abdullah, M. A., & Bojiah, J. (2021). The Mediation Impact of Organizational Commitment on the Total Quality Management Practices and Individual Readiness for TQM Implementation within Yemeni Oil Units. International Journal for Quality Research, 15(2).
Alkadash, T. M., Jun Bo, S., Besher, B., Almaamari, Q., & Al-Absy, M. S. M., (2020). Conceptual framework on job burnout of the employees and its correlative factors in china during coivd-19, International Journal of Management, 9(5), 256-263.
- Alkadash, Almaamari, Q., Al-Absy, M. S. M., Raju. V., (2020). Theory of Transformational Leadership towards Employee Performance as Sequence of Supply Chain Model: The Mediating Effect of Job Autonomy in Palestine Banks during COVID-19 Pandemic, International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 11(10), 200-215.
- Khalifa, H. K. H., Badran, S. A., Al-Absy, M. S. M., & Ahmed, Q. (2020). Social Media and Spreading the News of Covid-19 Pandemic in the Arab World. International Journal on Emerging Technologies 1, 11(5), 680-685.
- Khalifa, H. K. H., Al-Absy, M. S. M., Badran, S. A., & Alkadash, T., Ahmed, Q., Nagi, M. (2020). COVID-19 Pandemic and Diffusion of Fake News through Social Media in the Arab World. Arab Media & Society, 30 (Summer/Fall 2020).