Mr. Ahmed Abdulkarim Mohamed Bucheery is a well-known Architect in Kingdom of Bahrain and the Principal Architect of Gulf House Engineering, Kingdom of Bahrain and its subsidiary company Ewan Architectural and Engineering Consultancy at Abu Dhabi, UAE.
He is well known in the interpretation and use of traditional architecture principles and languages in modern buildings and in conservation projects. He is one of the first Bahraini architects who ensure continuity and balance between tradition and modernity.
Born in 1968 in Bahrain. Graduated with Honours in Bachelor of Science Architecture and Planning from King Faisal University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1992.
He has been honoured with the following awards:
• Awarded with Scholarship from the Ministry of Education for Architectural Engineering at King Faisal University, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in 1989.
• Awarded for Best Academic Research given by the King Faisal University for Research of Glass Building and Thermal Characteristics in 1988.
• Graduation Project Award given by Building Science Association, Best Academic Studies given in 1991-92 among 7 Universities of Architecture in Saudi Arabia.
• Awarded with Highest Distinction, a recognition given by His Highness the Late Amir of Bahrain in 1991.
• Nominated for Aga Khan Award for Architecture 2007 for the following projects designed by Mr. Ahmed Bucheery. These are Amwaj Islands, Novotel Resort, Al Zamil Tower, Abdulla Al Zayed House, Mohammed Bin Faris House, Beit Ibrahim Al Arrayed.
• Awarded by Arab Town Organization, Qatar for the Architectural Project of Al Dana Novotel, Kingdom of Bahrain in 2008 and Bab Al Bahrain Renovation in 2013.
He served as a Lecturer in Civil & Architectural Engineering, College of Engineering in University of Bahrain from 1995 to 1996.
Currently running his own company named Gulf House Engineering, a leading Architectural and Engineering Consultancy based in Kingdom of Bahrain established in 1990 and a subsidiary company of Ewan Architectural and Engineering Consultancy at Abu Dhabi, UAE
During his career, he has been designing and developing large number of projects in Bahrain and UAE, Saudi Arabia, Morocco, Egypt, Qatar, France and Australia.