SSU fosters leadership, communication skills, team work and sense of belonging. It creates diversity in teams and clubs.
It is committed to keep confidentiality, social equity and strengthen awareness and community engagement.
In addition to working closely with the colleges, the SSU works collaboratively with the Student Council.
SSU has the following operating offices to serve the students:
- Internships and Career Develop Office
- Student Support Office
- Student Counselling Office
- Alumnae Office
- Additional to the infirmary which provides first aid.
Student Support Office
- Plan & Organize cultural, social, sports and art related activities to refine & develop the talents of the students.
- Employ student’s talents in fruitful and beneficial aspect. provide them with full support to innovative and brainstorming the energy to achieve individual target.
- Developing health environment by making the students competition high among the wide range of activities to encourage students to participate.
- Organize various competitions including sport and academic competitions among the students to encourage team spirit and strengthen social relations with their colleagues, teachers and community;
- Plan & organize awareness courses & seminars, Participate in debates and educational trips;
- Follow up the implementation of the student activity plan throughout the academic year;
- Organize the Student Council elections;
- Process student grievance
Internships & Career Development Office
The objective of Internship & Career Development Office is to counsel students in choosing major field of study and guide them to match their career goals with the opportunities offered by the Job market. Moreover, the office will provide vocational training courses to help students’ transition from academic environment to a professional one. This career development process begins for freshman students in their first year and will continue till they reach their senior year and go for internship. Through internships the students would be exposed to various career options available for them.
- Provide Career Counseling for the students.
- Organizing career guidance workshops.
- organize annual career fair.
- Participating in Career fairs conducted by various organizations and institutions to expose the students to job market.
- Arranging for the student’s internship opportunities.
- Unifying internship procedures for all colleges of the university keeping in mind the nature of specialization.
- Providing the students with training program & workshops regarding internship and seek career opportunities.
For more information, click here to download the Career Guidance Plan.
Student Counselling Office
Students with any problems concerning personal development, family issues, coping with stress, grief or study related problems, should contact the Counsellor and / or the Head of Students Services Unit. Cases will be discussed in complete confidence. For serious issues, students may be offered referrals to local qualified and experienced social workers, counsellors, psychiatrists or medical practitioners. The fees for these external services must be borne by the student directly to the service provider.
- Provides counselling services for Social and Behavioural conduct that help the student to establish and maintain relationships; enhance ability of cope with difficulties in studies.
- Open a file for each case to analyze the physical and functional constraints imposed on student.
- Provide support for students with special needs during their course of study.
Alumni Services Office
Alumnae office aims at networking with GU Alumnae, creating opportunities for the graduate students and communicate them with the work force in their society.
- Organize events and activities for the benefit of the Alumnae.
- Promote involvement of alumnae and current students in the programs and events offered by the GU.
- Support the alumnae in advancing their careers through networking, training, volunteering and other opportunities.
- Keep the alumnae involved in the events and accomplishments at GU.
- Arrange networking events to gather the alumnae and share their experience.
- Utilize the alumnae in representing the university as ambassadors.
- Update the data of the alumnae on GU website.
- Networking between alumnae and employers.
For more information and details, click here to view the Alumni page.
GU Health Clinic provides first aid care to all students and staff and is staffed by a nurse during working hours. The working hours of the infirmary is 8:00 AM till 9:00 PM.
The goals of the infirmary:
- Provide first aid care for the students and the staff.
- The nurse is responsible for collecting health data on each student in a strictly confidential manner.
- provides basic medical first aid services and follow-up health information for lifelong wellness.
- provides general health education and awareness for students and staff.
- locate first aid box in the designated places, ensure that the contents of the first aid box are in accordance with the First Aid check list.
- Prepare daily, monthly and yearly report about the number of visitors of the clinic.
- Prepare report in cases of injuries and accidents.
Academic Support Centre (for academically-weak students)
The university takes the responsibility for improving the students’ educational level and enables them to overcome problems which resulted in their low GPA. Therefore, Gulf University established a specialized committee that developed certain procedures to support academically weak students who are at risk of failure. Activation of these procedures depends primarily on the cooperation among the student, the academic advisor and the Centre. All the details needed are included in the Student Guide.
The Department of Information Technology provides services for the computers in the labs and the library and works on maintaining them in good condition and continuous excellent performance. Students can use computers to browse the university website in order to follow up on the latest news, publications, study schedules and grades. The students can access the electronic library and e-learning system. In addition, they may also access the network using a free Wi-Fi connection on their personal computers. The department provides photo-copying services through a number of photo-copiers distributed across the university. Hopefully, the university will shortly start providing the service of electronic registration.
For more information, click here to view IT Services page.
IT Services Department is honored to announce eServices to GU students and staff. All eServices can be accessed through this website home page, to ensure best access to them, we have explained the steps that need to be followed for each service, and the targeted groups. Our aim is to provide a quality services for students, faculty members, and visitors at any time.
For more information and details, click here to download the E-Services manual.
Gulf University pays special attention to the university library. The library is located in two main locations; the first library is in the Main Building (third floor), housing the engineering and science holdings while the second one is at the ‘L’ Building, housing the law, business and education holdings. The university seeks to increase the number and quality of books, references and periodicals available. The actual number of available books in the library is 16,611 books in addition to 6,455 electronic books, 88 paper journals and 460 theses. Students can use the available services of the library by browsing the books in the library or borrowing them.
Moreover, the electronic library provides a search engine where students can take advantage of about 5000 books, 580 scientific journals. This can be accessed either from inside or outside the university after the completion of free subscription procedures to get the password from the library reception. The library offers a reservation service for books that are taught during the academic semester as they are placed on the reserved shelf at the beginning of each semester.
The University provides the course textbooks at the university bookstore where students can buy can buy them.
The library is open to all students and researchers, seven days a week including Friday from eight in the morning until eight in the evening. Accessing the library is free of charge; students are only required to show their personal identification “university ID card.” For more information or inquiries, email us at: email@example.com
For the purpose of improving the standards of the educational services offered by the university, this Unit was established in order to provide electronic communication between students and faculty members through the Internet. The Unit utilizes the Moodle e-learning system to offer e-materials that supplement the regular in-class courses. The students can visit the E-learning Unit to learn more details, or by asking their academic advisers, or communicate via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prevention of Plagiarism
The University provides ‘Turnitin’ service to detect plagiarism. All details about this service are available at the IT Department and regulations regarding plagiarism are found in the Student Guide.
Special Needs Students Services
Gulf University ensures that students with special needs make use of all services, programs and facilities. All university utilities facilitate the movement of disabled students where there are special ramps to access all the University buildings, in addition to special toilets in all buildings as well as special parking spots. The University provides service to write the exams for vision impaired students.
Gulf University pays attention to sport activities and the importance of how practicing their favorite sports may energize students to perform better at their academic studies. The University has a football team who participate at annual championships and tournaments. In coordination with the Student council, the office of Student affairs facilitates the participation of students at different sport activities.
Cafeteria & Relaxation
The University offers a number of cafeterias and places for breaks that can be used by students to eat or rest. These places are distributed in various university buildings. The university also provides a number of vending machines for soft drinks and light snacks for students. Besides, it provides a number of water dispensers for healthy refreshing cold and hot water. There are also rooms suitable for praying in all the university buildings.