Students’ grievance committee is headed by the Dean of Student Affairs at the University and includes in its membership two of the faculty members, one of them should be a professor of mental health and the president of the student council.
- Receiving students’ grievances from grievance boxes.
- Receiving the students directly to register their complaints and directing them to procedures to resolve them.
- Keeping a record of student complaints in a special file (books and electronic)
- Following-up procedures to resolve the student’ grievances codify them and record the findings.
- Performing statistics at the end of each semester of the grievances submitted, classifying them according to colleges and submitting them to the University Council for the purpose of guidance to improve the performance of programs, services, systems and administrative policies at the university.
- The grievances that the committee was unable to take a decision about should be referred to the office of the Vice President of the University or the office of the President of the University or the University Council to take the appropriate decision.
- In the case of dissatisfaction with the results of the complaint, the student may another complaint to the office of the University President.
Mechanisms of Action:
First: General Grievances:
- How to submit grievances:
- The student submits his grievance directly to the Deanship of Student Affairs.
- The student can submit his grievance through the grievance boxes or electronically through the e-mail of the student complains.
- Grievances are to be collected everyday by the student grievances committee.
- Complaints will study by the Committee of complaints of students.
- Grievances will be submitted to the relevant authorities (colleges and academic or administrative departments) to express an opinion by the Dean or the head of the department about the grievance and how to resolve it and to remove the resulting obstacles, if any.
- The procedures will be discussed by the committee and the committee will inform the student about his/her grievance during a period that does not exceed two weeks from the date of submitting the grievance.
Second: Grievances Related to Exams Grades and Results
Students may object to the marks given within 15 days from the date of announcing the results. The following procedures should be followed when objecting to exam results:
- Getting the grievance form from the Exam Committee according to the following colors:
- College of Business Administration and Finance - red colour
- College of Law - blue colour
- College of Education - white colour
- College of Engineering - yellow colour
- College of Computer Engineering – purple colour
- English Development Department- green colour
- Filling in the form and handing it over to the Exam Committee secretary to make sure that the information filled is correct.
- The form should be signed by the head of the exam committee or any other member on behalf of him.
- The student who submitting the grievance should pay a grievance fee which is 25BD.
- The form will be returned to the Exam Committee after being stamped by the Accounts Department attached with the receipt.
- The committee will check the exam answer sheet removing the student details and giving the exam answer sheet a code then the committee will refer the request to the relevant college to examine it by a committee of which the course instructor is not a member.
- The result of grievances is announced within two weeks from the date of submitting the request. The student can check their result with the Exam Committee during that period.
- The grievance fee is returned to the student if the result of the grievance was for the benefit of the student.