(+973) 17620092 ext. 431
Research Field of Interest
Lean Accounting, Managerial Accounting
Administrative & Financial Sciences
Accounting & Financial Sciences
Accounting and Finance
Ph.D in Accounting Finance, Sakarya University, Turkey, 2007
Master (MSc) of Business Administration in English, Marmara University, Turkey, Specialization in Accounting and Finance, 1995
Bachelor (BSc.) of Business Administration in English, Marmara University, Specialization in Accounting and Finance, Turkey, 1990
- Member of Izmir CPA Chamber, Turkey
Teaching and Learning Statement:
Dr. Baki’s teaching and learning philosophy to educate students that makes them able to develop problem solving, teamwork, leadership and communication skills. Students have to be actively engaged in the learning process. A typical class session starts with a summary of last class. Give enough time to student to follow him during class activities. He is using updated course materials and encourage students to raise questions and comments. He is keen to use educational technologies like computer lab, mobile applications and multimedia tools which facilitates learning.
Dr. Baki has experience as practitioner and academics many years. He started his career as Research Assistant in Sakarya University, Turkey, 1993. After two years, he became an instructor in Accounting. Besides his academic life, he appointed as Vice President of Educational Directorate of Sakarya CPA Chamber. In year 2000, he resigned from the university and worked as accountant, nearly 5 years domestic and international. He returned back to university life and graduate from doctoral program and started again one of the universities of Turkey as instructor in accounting. He worked 10 years as an Assistant Professor and retired in 2017. After 2017, he was employed as Associate Professor in Kuwaiti and Turkish Universities.
Dr. Baki’s Ph.D thesis covered ‘Activity-Based Budgeting and an implementation in a manufacturing company’. His areas of research interest is not limited with Activity-Based Management issues, but also Lean manufacturing philosophy and its’ accounting is another research field for him.
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (2011), Lean Financial Accounting, Altın Nokta Publishing, Izmir, Turkey.
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (2012), “Taxable Income Calculations in New Accountancy Order”, Dokuz Eylul University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences Faculty, Vol.27, Issue.1, pp.159
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (2012), “The Effects of TFRSs on Ratio Analysis”, Journal of Yaşar University, 28(7), pp.4687-4707
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (2011), “Lean Thinking and Accounting”, Dokuz Eylul University Journal of Institude of Social Science, Vol.13, Issue.1, pp.39.
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (2011), “The Nexus Between “BASEL II” and “IFRS FOR SMEs”, Journal of Yaşar University, 21(6), pp.3471-3479
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (2010), “Value Analysis From A Financial Standpoint”, Dokuz Eylul University Journal of Economics and Administrative Sciences Faculty, Vol.25, Issue.1, pp.89
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (2010), “Enhancing Value with Value Stream”, Journal of The World of Accounting Science, Vol.12, Issue.4, pp.95
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (07-09 October 2010), “Standart Costing: An Obstacle To Lean Companies”, 6th International Conference on Business, Management and Economics, Turkey.
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (28-30 November 2008), “Combining The Two Developing Global Standards: “BASEL II” and “IFRS For SMEs”, 9th Conference 2008 of Asian Academic Accounting Association, University of Wollongong in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (13-15 November 2008), “Enhanced Visibility by Value Stream”, 5th Annual International Accounting Conference, Accounting Academicians’ Collaboration Foundation (MÖDAV), Istanbul, Turkey.
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (21-22 August 2008), “Financial Dimension of Lean Manufacturing”, International Conference of Social Science, SOBIAD, Izmir, Turkey.
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (05-07 June 2008), “Contemporary Developements on Kaizen Costing”, 4th International Conference on Business, Management and Economics, Turkey.
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (02-04 May 2008), “Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) & Rating”, 1st International Symposium: SMEs and BASEL II, Izmir University of Economics, Turkey, ISBN: 978-975-8789-20-7, pp. 166-174.
- Balcı, Baki Rıza (15-17 November 2007), “Accounting for Lean Manufacturing”, 7th National Production Research Symposium, Gazi University, Turkey.
Other interest & Activities:
Dr. Baki enjoys driving car, being with friends and doing outdoor activities.