How to Download and Install Microsoft Office 2016 on a desktop or laptop
Before you begin, make sure your desktop or laptop meets the system requirements.
Step 1 - Sign in to download Office
1. Go to aka.ms/office-install and Sign In with your Gulf University account.
2. On the Office home page, click Install. This begins the download of Office. Follow the prompts on your screen to complete the install.
Tip: You can also choose to install Office in a different language or install the 64-bit version. To do this, select your preferred language and/or bit version from the dropdown menus then select Install.
Step 2 - Install Office
1. Depending on your browser, click Run (in Edge or Internet Explorer), Setup (in Chrome), or Save File (in Firefox).
Note: If you see the User Account Control prompt that says, Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device? Click Yes.
2. Your install is finished when you see the phrase, "You're all set! Office is installed now" and an animation plays to show you where to find Office applications on your computer. Follow the instructions in the window, for example Click Start > All Apps to see where your apps are, and select Close.
Step 3: Activate Office
1. Start using an Office application right away by opening any app such as Word or Excel.
In most cases, Office is activated once you start an application and after you click Accept to agree to the License terms.
2. Office might activate automatically. However, depending on your product you might see the Microsoft Office Activation Wizard. If so, follow the prompts to activate Office.
How to download and install Office 2016 on a desktop or laptop [English] [Arabic]