Current Position: Head of Electrical and Electronic Department
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Assistant Professor
Department: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Ph.D. In Industrial Programming from the National Institute of Applied Science and Technology in Tunis in joint with IUT de Troyes – Université de Reims Champagne-Ardenne in France. About the Conception and Genetic Algorithm Optimization of Electrical machines using Finite Element Analysis and Sliding Mode Control, 2010-2016
- M.A Degree in Control system and signal data processing from National School of Engineering in Tunis in joint with Faculty of Electronic Engineering – University of Nis Serbia. About sliding mode control of DC motors converters, 2005-2007
- B.A in Electrical Engineering specialized in Automation and Industrial Programming from The National Higher Engineering School of Tunis. About the PLC programming of industrial process.
Member at IEEE
Teaching & Learning Statement
Dr Walid aims in teaching is to believe that success, whether personal or professional, is generated from three critical building blocks: knowledge, critical thinking, and curiosity. These building blocks have an enduring, cyclical relationship; knowledge helps us to understand the world around us as well as ourselves, critical thinking gives us the ability to incorporate knowledge and apply it endlessly, and curiosity, which is the result of realizing the limitations of current knowledge, drives us to acquire additional knowledge. I see my role as a teacher as one of transferring a fundamental knowledge of course content to students while cultivating their critical thinking skills through the application of theory and concepts to current industry-related issues.
Dr. Walid has over ten years of academic experience in Tunisia and Bahrain, as well as over five years of industrial experience in international companies such as SAGEM and ALBA. Moreover, he has published a lot of research in the fields of Finite Element Modeling and Analysis, System Modeling, Structural Analysis, Stress Analysis, Structural Dynamics, MATLAB Simulation, Automation & Robotics, Control Theory, etc.
- Program Head and Assistant Professor at Gulf University (Kingdom of Bahrain) from 11/09/2022–now
- Automation and Electrical Team Leader in ALBA FIVES from 02/05/2019- 30/06/2022.
- Program Head and Assistant Professor at AMA International University (Kingdom of Bahrain) from 05/11/2016–30/04/2019
- Electrical and Electronic Lecturer at The Higher Institute of Technological Studies of Nabeul in Tunisia from 28/09/2009–27/09/2016
- Electronic Engineer in ACTIA Group for Research and Development in Computer Science in Tunisia from 06/03/2009–15/07/2009
- Product Quality Engineer in SAGEM Manufacture of electronic cards in Tunisia from 26/05/2008–11/12/2008
- Part Time Lecturer in Electronic Training Centre in Tunisia from 08/01/2008– 23/05/2008
- Part Time Lecturer in High School of Medical Technologies University from 02/09/2006–26/02/2007
Dr. Walid’s research interests focus on Finite Element Modeling and Analysis, System Modeling, Structural Analysis, Stress Analysis, Structural Dynamics, MATLAB Simulation, Automation & Robotics, Control Theory, etc.
- Walid El Fezzani, “Finite element analysis of a linear actuator used for biomedical application Comparison with Matlab and position sensor”, DOI: 10.1109/ICETAS.2017.8277905,4th IEEE International Conference on Engineering Technologies and Applied Sciences (ICETAS), 2017
- Walid AMRI, Imen DIMASSI, Walid EL FEZZANI, Abdessattar BEN AMOR.” Internal Model Control IMC of a variable Reluctance Motor”, European Journal of Scientific Research, Volume 133 No 2, pp.216-223, 2015.
- EL FEZZANI and A. BEN AMOR, “Importance of the Mesh Element and the Material Selection in Linear Actuator”, Machines Review,Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 14-20, September 2014.
- EL FEZZANI and A. BEN AMOR, “Optimizing Linear Stepping Actuator Using Evolutionary Strategy Method”, Volume 32, Issue 3, pp. 429-435, DOI: 10.5829/idosi.wasj.2014.32.03.1084, ISSN 1818-4952, 2014.
- EL FEZZANI and A. BEN AMOR, “First order sliding mode control of the tubular linear stepping motor,” Int. J. Emerg. Sci., vol. 3, pp. 72- 83, 2013.
- OPTIMIZATION AND CONTROL OF LINEAR STEPPING ACTUATOR – FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS , AUTHOR: WALID EL FEZZANI ISBN: 978-3-330-84304-2 PUBLISHER: NOOR PUBLISHING YEAR: JANUARY 2017
- MODÉLISATION ET COMMANDE D’UN HACHEUR SÉRIERÉGLAGE PAR MODE GLISSANT, AUTHOR : WALID EL FEZZANI, ISBN : 978-620-2-34824-9 PUBLISHER : NOOR PUBLISHING YEAR : FEBRUARY 2018