Current Position: Associate Professor
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Associate Professor
Department: Architectural and Interior Design Engineering
- PhD in Civil Engineering, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey. 2013.
- Master Science in Structural Engineering, University of Khartoum, Sudan, 2004.
- Sudan Engineers Association
- Membership of Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET)- London-UK.
- Jordan Engineers Association
- Arab Engineers Association
Teaching & Learning Statement
Yasser Ibrahim Osman Yahia is associate professor in Gulf University – Architectural and interior Design engineering department since January 2021 to present. I graduated from Sinnar University, with an honors degree in Civil Engineer, I have undertaken several internships within leading organizations and companies related to construction before and after graduate. These Acts have enabled me to develop not only specific civil engineer (Geotechnics and Structure) experience, but also a valuable and transferable skill set in Teaching. I have published many scientific papers in highly reputed ISI journals. As I have always been interested in environmental sustainability issues I would ideally like to be able to use my experience and professionalism as a qualified in civil engineering filed. In addition, my teaching experience has started at the early of 2001 to present.
2021 to Present:
Associate professor in Architectural and Interior Design Engineering – Gulf University -Bahrain.
February 2015 to 2021:
Associate professor in Civil engineering Department – Jerash University Jerash-Jordon.
February 2014 to February 2015:
Assistant Professor School of Engineering- Civil Engineering Department University of Sinnar-Sinnar state -Sudan/ Blue Nile University –Blue Nile State –Sudan.
April 2004 to 2007:
Lecturer School of Engineering, Civil engineering department. Khartoum Technical collage Khartoum Sudan. Teaching the following courses: Soil Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Steel Design a Lecturer in Computer science College in Khartoum. Teaching some Civil Engineer software programs such as Prokon, Primavera, Sap 90, Sap 2000, Plaxis. Prokon.
April 2004 to 2006:
Lecturer School of Engineering- Civil Engineering Department University of Sinnar-Sinnar state – Sudan. Teaching the following courses: soil mechanics, Strength of Materials, Steel Design, Structural Analysis, Concrete Design.
Spring 2003 to 2004:
Teaching Assistant School of Engineering, Civil engineering department .Khartoum Technical collage -Khartoum-Sudan. Teaching assistant for the following courses: soil mechanics, Strength of Materials, Steel Design
Spring 2001 to 2004:
Teaching Assistant School of Engineering- Civil Engineering Department University of Sinnar-Sinnar state – Sudan. Teaching assistant for the following courses: soil mechanics, Strength of Materials, Steel Design, Structural Analysis, Concrete Design.
Dr. Yasser’s research interests focus on all areas of civil and environmental Engineering, in particular, structural engineering, the engineering properties of building materials, and civil engineering applications using software programming. The aim of his research is to contribute to and improve my skill in research knowledge in the civil engineering field. Moreover, I am interested to solve issues related to civil engineering applications. Dr. Yasser is willing to work with any researchers around the world and particularly in his institution. I have published many scientific papers in highly reputed ISI journals. As I have always been interested in environmental sustainability issues I would ideally like to be able to use my experience and professionalism as a qualified in the civil engineering field.
- Investigation of Segmental SPAFR Under Static Lateral Load Using Stress Mapping Pre-Scale Film Techniques, 2022 Engineering and Technology for Sustainable Architectural and Interior Design Environments (ETSAIDE), IEEE, June-2022.
- New Vision for Water Safety Plan Experimental study of Deformable Porous Media for Aquifer storage and Recovery in Jordan, Jan-2022. Journal of Advanced Sciences and Engineering Technologies 5 (1), 33-40.
- Theoretical Analysis of Factors Affecting Ultimate Nominal Load of Reinforced Concrete Axially Loaded Short Squire Columns (Pu) Comparing use Prokon Program. Journal of Advanced Sciences and Engineering Technologies, Nov-2020.
- Stabilization of Clayey Soil Using Cement, Gypsum and Wheat Husk Ash, International Journal of Current Research. Vol 10,2018.
- Stabilization of Clayey Soil Using Cement, Gypsum and Recycling Concrete in Jaresh City-Jordan, International Journal of Current Research. Vol 10.2 Oct 2018.
- Optimization of Shape Design for Gravity Retaining Walls, International Journal of Innovative Science and Modern Engineering, Vol 5, Issue 8.2018.
- Strengthening of Timber Beams using Glass Fiber Reinforced Polymers and Wire Mesh, May 2018, IRBAS.
- The Engineering Properties of Light Weight Concrete Containing Recycled tire Rubber Powder in Jaresh City,Volume 3 Issue 7,IJISRT.
- Experimental Study of the Effect of Limestone Powder on Concrete Compressive Strength and Workability in Jaresh City, International Review of Basic and Applied Sciences,IRBAS,April 2018
- Effects of Stone Cutting Powder (AL-KHAMKHA) On the Properties of Self-Compacting Concrete, September 2017, scientific research and Academic Publisher.
- Effects of Wood Ash with Waste Glass Powder on Properties of Concrete in Terms of Workability and Compressive Strength in Jaresh City, September 2017, scientific research and Academic Publisher.
- Modeling of Segmental Pile with Variable Flexural Rigidity on Winkler Foundation Subjected to Monotonic Loading, Civil Engineering Research Journal, Volume 6,Issue 5, Nov 2018
- Y.I.Yahia, PhD Thesis Title (An Experimental Study on the Behavior of Segmental Pile with Variable Flexural Rigidity), Jan, 2014.
- Y.I.O.Yahia, K.O.Saad, A.K.Ali, Analysis of Beam Using Finite Element Method and Comparing By SAP90, Structural Engineer Khartoum Conference, Sudan, 2001
- Y.I. Yahia and A.M. Elsharief, Damage Effects of Collapsible Clay Gravel on a Two Storey Residential Building in Omdurman, Sudan, Proceedings of the 14th African Regional Conference, Yaoundé, ameroon, 2007