Current Position: Professor
Email Address: email@example.com
Research Field of Interest: Human Resources Management
College: ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL SCIENCES
Department: Administrative Sciences
Specialization (General): Business Management
Specialization (Specific): Human Resources Management
- Ph.D. Business Administration, Alazhar, Egypt, 1995.
- M.Sc. Business Administration, Alazhar, Egypt, 1988.
- B.Sc. Business Administration, Cairo, Egypt, 1984.
- Fellowship of Higher Education Academy (FHEA), UK.
- Business Women Association (Egypt).
- Bahrain Society for Training and Development( Bahrain).
Teaching & Learning Statement
Prof. Nahed believes that the process of learning and teaching relies on an effective relationship between the instructor and the student since this helps the latter achieve his/her educational goals. All this depends on a variety of strategies that are based on essential educational principles that rely on cognitive functioning, learning theory, and diverse issues to promote active learning, getting fun, connecting learning to real business life and providing the opportunity for lifelong learning.
Some of Prof. Nahed’s favorite strategies that increase student’s engagement, draw their attention in class and throughout the semester and it is well received by them includes think-pair-share, role-playing, teamwork assignment, interactive lectures, case studies, brainstorming, and problem based learning. Prof. Nahed always encourages students to be excited about ideas and challenged to get new knowledge using learning technology like Poll Everywhere or E-Learning resources (Moodle).
Prof. Nahed always links between curriculum and life, industry and community to create learning opportunities taking responsibility for students lifelong learning and facilitating their learning through workgroups, projects or research, homework assignments & extra reading.
Her teaching strategies always help the students to achieve course learning outcomes also the students are highly satisfied with her teaching strategies, they always comment that her classes made them more confident in their capability, more interactive and collaborate by practice, also Prof. Nahed’s peer visit reports showed their appreciation for innovative teaching techniques she uses and the active learning environment she creates.
Prof. Nahed has 23 years’ experience in the field of higher education, training, and management consultancy. Fourteen of which she has held managerial positions starting from the position of program manager, Head of Department, associate dean and dean in the local and regional universities, such as Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport, and Gulf University.
Prof. Nahed is a professional trainer and certified managerial consultant. She conducted many trainings and Consultancy work in various industries in the Middle East, training needs assessment of General Directorate of Nationality, Passports and Residence Affairs, Bahrain (as a service community);Reestablishing the Competitive capabilities of universal inspection services company (Libya) ;Water Ministry Strategic plan ( Sana’a); Designing the organization structure and job description of Research department, SDC, Qatar Foundation(Qatar); Promoting Sudanese entrepreneurship & small Businesses, Sudanese Zakat Chamber, (Sudan); Ministry of Agriculture and Livestock-North Kordofan State Managerial Improvement plan (Sudan) and more than 25 managerial and HR consultancy in HR in various industrial sectors .
Conducted 30 researches as a staff faculty member, the following are the researches in the last five years:
- Nahed Matarid and Umair Ahmed(2018), “The Impact of Organizational Justice and Demographics on Faculty Retention in Bahrain”, Le Travail Humain Journal ( LTH ): No2, Vol. 81, P. 1805-1814.
- Hesham Mohamed ElMarsafawy, Nahed Mohamed Matarid, and. Manju Rajan Babu, “Assessment Work within Outcomes of Students Based Higher Education: Effective Mapping and Closing Gap”, Proceedings of International Conference: EDULEARN 18, Spain, PP 10449-10458, 2-4 July 2018.
- Nahed Matarid , The Relationship between Service Quality and Performance, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing (Book) 2016.
- Nahed Mohamed Matarid, Mohamed Abdel Moez Yousse and GhassanFateen Abu Alsoud(2014 ) , The Impact of Brand Extension Strategy on the Brand Equity of Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) in Egypt, European Journal of Business and Management (Online) Vol.6, No.21, 2014.
- Nahed Matarid (2017). The Role of Job security in employee loyalty, TEANM International Conference, Cairo, 2017.
- Nahed Matarid (2016) Organizational Culture and Staff Loyalty, Arabic Consulting Conference in Mansura City, Egypt.
- Nahed Matarid (2015). The Impact of Culture Difference on Managerial practices, Sadat Academy for Management Sciences.
Other Interest & Activities
Prof. Nahed is committed to doing volunteering activities as Community engagement by providing various community organizations with free managerial training and consulting.