Current Position: Assistant Professor
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Assistant Professor
College: ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCIAL SCIENCES
Department: Accounting & Financial Sciences
- Ph.D. in Accounting, University of Hull, England UK, 1997.
- Master of Finance, Saint Louis University, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA, 1988.
- BSc. of Administrative Sciences (Finance and Marketing), Yarmouk University, Jordan, 1982.
- Middle East Economic Association (MEEA) 2015 Member, USA.
Teaching & Learning Statement
Dr. Gharaibeh believes in nurturing critical thinking skills, triggering student learning in the classroom and beyond, easing the achievement of sustainable learning skills, motivating his students to be capable of applying various methods and approaches to solve problems across the scope of practice of the fields of Accounting and Finance. He believes in designing, shaping and delivering his courses and his main activities based on innovation, creativity, and self-learning, Dr. Gharaibeh is dedicated to continuing involvement in the developmental activities of his students to graduate students with high graduate attributes.
Dr. Gharaibeh has over 27 years of experience in tertiary education in Jordan and Bahraini universities, he worked as Assistant Professor in the Banking and Finance department at Ahlia University, Bahrain from 2003 to 2018. He also worked as Assistant Professor in Banking and Finance department at Yarmouk University, Jordan from 1997 to 2003. Before that, he worked as Full-Time Lecturer of finance at Yarmouk University from 1988 to 1993. In addition, he worked as Teaching Assistant in Banking and Finance at Yarmouk University, Irbid, Jordan from 1984 to 1986.
He engaged in administrative works such as Chairman of the Department of Banking and Finance at Ahlia University and Acting Chairman of the Department of Banking and Finance at Yarmouk University. he supervises graduation projects and post-graduation dissertations. He is an internal and external examiner of many dissertations (theses) at many reputable universities in the region.
Dr. Gharaibeh is interested in conducting applied research using real-life data where the results are believed to be supportive of the economy and the local community. He is interested in researching areas of corporate finance, International Finance, Banking industry, investment management, and stock markets.
- Ahmad M. O. Gharaibeh and Fatima Ismail Hamadi (2013), “The Day of the Week Anomaly in Bahrain Stock Market”, Journal of International Management Review. Vol. 9, No. 2, 2013. Publisher: scholarspress.us
- Ahmad Mohammad Obeid Gharaibeh (2017), “Fundamental Determinants of Real Effective Exchange rate: Empirical Evidence from Bahrain”, International Journal of Economic Research (IJER), Vol. 14 Number 13, (2017) pp:251-267.Publisher: Serial Publications Pvt. Ltd. (SCOPUS Index-Journal, ABDC rating C)
- Ahmad Mohammad Obeid Gharaibeh and Abdul Aziz Abdulla Abdul Qader (2017), “Factors Influencing Firm Value as Measured by Tobin’s Q: Empirical Evidence from the Saudi Stock Exchange (TADAWUL)”, International Journal of Applied Business and Economic Research. Vol. 15, issue: 6, pp: 333-358, Serial Publications PVT. LTD, ISSN: 0972-7302(SCOPUS Index-Journal, SJR rating Q4)
- Ahmad Mohammad Obeid Gharaibeh (2015), “Empirical evidence of the determinants of commercial banks profitability in Bahrain”, Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS), vol. 6, issue: 5, pp: 299-314 © Scholarlink Research Institute Journals, 2015 (ISSN: 2141-7024), jetems.scholarlinkresearch.com
- Ahmad Mohammad Obeid Gharaibeh and Adel Mohammed Sarea (2015), “The Impact of Capital structure and certain firm-specific variables on the value of the firm: Empirical Evidence from Kuwait”, Journal of Corporate Ownership and Control, volume 13, issue 1, 2015, pp: 829-840. Publisher: Virtus Interpress (SCOPUS Index-Journal), ABDC rating: B
- Ahmad Mohammad Obeid Gharaibeh (2015), “The Determinants of Common Share Prices: New Empirical Evidence from Kuwait”, EPRA International Journal of Economic & Business Review, vol. 3, issue: 11, (November 2015), pp: 28-40. Link: http://epratrust.com/articles/#.Vjt4DbcrKUk
- Ahmad Mohammad Obeid Gharaibeh (2015), “The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment-Empirical Evidence from Bahrain”, International Journal of Business and Social Sciences, vol. 6, No. 8, (August 2015), pp: 94-106. Publisher: Center for Promoting Ideas, USA
- Gharaibeh, A. M. O. (2015). The determinants of capital structure: empirical evidence from Kuwait. European Journal of Business, Economics and Accountancy, vol. 3, issue: 6, pp: 1-25. Publisher: Progressive Academic Publishing, UK
- Ahmad Mohammad Obeid Gharaibeh; Abdullah Ali Tami Swailem Al Azmi (2015), “Test of the Day of the Week Effect: The Case of Kuwait Stock Exchange”, Asian Economic and Financial Review, vol. 5. No. 5, pp. 757-765. Publisher: AESS Publications (ABDC indexed ranked: C) indexed Copernicus International: 6.73 (ICV), 2013
- Ahmad Mohammad Obeid Gharaibeh (2015), The Effect of Capital Structure on the Financial Performance of Listed Companies in Bahrain Bourse. Journal of Finance and Accounting. Vol. 3, No. 3, (May 2015), pp. 50-60.D: 10.11648/j.jfa.20150303.13. Publisher: SciencePG Science Publishing Group.
Other Interest & Activities
Dr. Gharaibeh loves traveling, wandering, watching TV documentary programs and watching sports channels. He cares for others, likes to help the needy people. He is environment-friendly and likes to go green to help save the globe as much as he can.