The Bachelor in Accounting & Finance program seeks to train students in the scientific and professional fields in accounting and finance to deal with the identification, measurement and delivery of information for decision-making. It has been designed to empower our graduates with the competences and attributes needed for the development of the profession and communities in Bahrain, the region and global with emphasis on technology agility.
The program represents a basis for professional qualifications like ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) with exemption of 6 papers in foundation level certification. Program rationale is derived from national priorities, needs of labor market and feedback from stakeholders.
- Placed on Bahrain National Qualification Framework (NQF) level 8.
- Obtained full confidence from The Education and Training Quality Authority (BQA)
- Accredited by several body such as ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) and ICMA (institute of management accountant).
- Engaging and relevant ‘real practice in accounting and finance’ tasks that will be experienced during the study.
- Have a lab that students could applied several software programs in accounting and finance, such as Zoho and Tally.
- AACSB Membership of the College
- Bachelor in Accounting & Finance, as one program deliver by gulf university, has Partnership with many reputed companies in Kingdom of Bahrain such as Huawei, Zain Bahrain, Benefit company, Silah Gulf, Roshcomm, Bahrain Society for Training & Development, etc.
Discover Our Campus
|Duration:||Full Time (4 Years): 130 Credit Hours|
May (Summer for transferred students)
Get In Touch
For questions regarding study and admissions please contact us:
(+973) 1762 0092
Building 1964, Road 4363، Sanad 743, Kingdom of Bahrain
The graduates of the program will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Knowledgeable in Accounting and Finance: Graduates will have great appreciation for their role as accountants and Financial actors which will reflect in their passion for their field.
- Professional in using the relevant technologies: They will have the ability to implement the gained knowledge professionally in the field of accounting and finance by using with agility the relevant technologies in the field.
- Effective communicator: They will have the ability to communicate orally and write financial and accounting reports effectively through different mediums.
- Team Player and Leader: Graduates will have the ability to play a productive role as team members and leaders.
- Problem Solver: Graduates will know the methodology for tackling complicated and unpredictable Accounting and Finance problems and solving them.
- Lifelong learner: Graduates will have the ability to educate themselves and keep up to date with contemporary Accounting and Financial issues, regulations, local and international trends.
- Ethical and Responsible: Graduates understand their role to provide accounting and financial information in a high level of integrity, they have high awareness of the impact of their responsible actions on the society.
- Creative and Reflective Thinker: Graduates will possess the habit of creative thinking about Accounting and Finance problems or any other related matters.
Admission Criteria for the Bachelor in Accounting and Finance Program:
- The Applicant must have a high-school certificate or equivalent according to the regulations of the Ministry of Education in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Applicants with a high-school certificate or an equivalent from Arts stream are required to take all the placement tests for the program except “Mathematics for Business” Placement Test and is directed to enroll in the Preparatory Course “MTH 014 Basic Mathematics for Business”.
- Applicant must score 60% and above in the secondary school
- Applicants with GPA equal to or greater than 60% must sit and pass in placement tests, and if they fail, they must enroll in relevant preparatory courses, noting that:
- While enrolling in preparatory courses(s), students are not allowed to enroll in the program courses. Still, they are allowed to join in the University Requirement Courses (provided that there are no prerequisites for such courses). After passing the preparatory sessions, students can enroll in program courses.
The following are the placement tests for Bachelor in Accounting and Finance Program and relevant preparatory course(s) to be enrolled in if applicants fail in placement test(s):
- Mathematics for Business: Pass Mark for Mathematics for the Business placement test is 65%. If the Applicant scores less than 65%, s/he is required to enroll in the Preparatory Course (MTH014 Basic Mathematics for Business).
- Computer Skills Proficiency: Pass Mark for Computer Skills Proficiency placement test is 65%. If the Applicant scores less than 65%, s/he is required to enroll in the Preparatory Course (GCS011 Computer Skills).
- English Language Proficiency: Pass Mark for English Language Proficiency Placement testis 65%.If the Applicant scores 40% to less than 65%, s/he is required to enroll in the following Preparatory Course (ENG016 Foundation English 2). If the Applicant scores less than 40%, s/he is required to register in the following two Preparatory Courses (ENG015Foundation English 1 and ENG016 Foundation English 2).
- Arabic Language Proficiency: Pass Mark for Arabic Language Proficiency Placement test is 65%. If the Applicant scores less than 65%, s/he is required to enroll in the Preparatory Course (ARB011 Basics of Arabic Language Skills).
All Applicants with a GPA of less than 60% shall directly enroll in a preparatory program that includes the following introductory courses:
- MTH014 Basic Mathematics for Business
- GCS011 Computer Skills
- ENG015 Foundation English 1
- ENG016 Foundation English 2
- ARB011 Basics of Arabic Language Skills
The Accounting and Finance curriculum was designed in such a way that courses offered at different levels develop knowledge, skill, competence of the students in an incremental manner. The Programme is offered over a period of 4 years as follows:
In the first year of the study plan, courses provide opportunity to develop generalized knowledge and understanding of the business, management, economics, mathematics, accounting, and finance domain with the ability to apply the principles in given context, obtain, organize and use information, and draw conclusion. Several courses are offered in first year including Introduction to Business, Mathematics for Business, Microeconomics, Arabic Language, English for Effective Communication, Digital Skills in Business, Principles of Financial Accounting, Principles of Management, Business Statistics, English for Technical Reporting. These courses allow students to communicate and present using basic skills, to display numerical and IT skills relevant for the course and competence to become accountable, responsible for the tasks, ethical etc.
Courses in second year expose the students to Accounting and Finance domain at basic level and the remaining Accounting and finance domains which provide detailed knowledge and understanding of the subjects with application to real life tasks using basic and some advanced skills. Several courses are offered in second year such as Research Methods for Business, Macro Economics, Principles of Marketing, Managerial Accounting, Advanced English Skills, Business Ethics, Business Law, Financial Management, Corporate Accounting, Cost Accounting. These courses allow the student to organize, evaluate and present argument, communicate effectively with target audience, to show autonomy, responsibility in various contexts and teambuilding.
Courses in the third year expose the students to Accounting and Finance domain at a middle level which develops detailed and advanced knowledge and understanding of the subjects to undertake tasks and issues related to industry using advanced skills, to synthesize, analyze, evaluate complex issues and perspectives, to formulate realistic solutions in diverse context. Courses in the third year include Financial Markets and Institutions, Personal Finance and Planning, Diversity at Workplace, Auditing, Accounting Information System, Islamic Finance, Sustainability, Financial Risk Management, Financial Reporting, Production and Operation Management, Big Data Analytics, Innovation and Entrepreneurship. Besides that, one elective course also offered to students in the third year.
Courses in the fourth year offer more advanced Accounting and Finance domains that develop advanced Skills that enables students to complete tasks/projects/problems relevant to industry. Courses also aim to synthesize, analyze, and evaluate complex topics and viewpoints, and to design realistic solutions in a variety of situations. Courses offered in the fourth year are Taxation Accounting, FinTech, Forensic Accounting, Advanced Financial Reporting, Government Accounting, Investment Analysis & Portfolio Management, Integrated Business Application, International Finance, Graduation Project in Accounting and Finance and Human rights. In addition, two elective courses are also offered to students in the fourth year.
These include both mandatory and elective courses that allow students to communicate effectively in a structured manner and present facts, figures and reports to reach the appropriate audience, use standard and specialized IT applications in accounting and finance contexts, interpret graphical and numerical data in research and course projects, and develop lifelong learning, accountability and ethical practices.
- Design Studios
- IT Labs
- Material Library
- Library Resources
- Electronic Resources
- Fab Lab
- Structural Lab
- Electrical Circuit Lab
- Construction Lab
- Material Testing Lab
- Thermo-Fluid Lab
Gulf University aspires to provide enriched campus life, innovation and sustainable development. The campus has spaces for students and staff socializing in open spaces with innovative seating arrangements along with spaces for individual and group learning, seminar and presentation. GU aims to enrich students’ experience with social and learning opportunities with events and activities both on and off campus. It adapts holistic approach to academics and extra-curricular activities including sports, contributing to all round personal and career development of students.
Careers & Employability
The program prepares and supports students to develop their full potential to enter the profession of accounting & finance in private and public sectors and undertake managerial positions to positively contribute to organizations and society. The graduates are contributing to the following career opportunities in the field of accounting & finance:
- An accountant
- ACCA Certified Accountant
- Management Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Portfolio manager
- Internal Auditors
- External auditors
- Government Auditor
- Taxation Consultant
- Budget Analyst
- Accounting Manager
- International Accountant
- Forensic Accountant
- Cost Accountant
- Financial Manager
- Investment Banker
Wejdan Salah's Story
“Taking a work placement is one of the best decisions I have ever made. It enabled me to have the opportunity to look thoroughly into the HR industry, to develop an understanding of the structure, behaviour and working norms within an organisation, as well as improving my verbal and written communication skills.
The placement has played a key role in determining what career I would like to pursue, I am now confident as to what I would like to do after graduating. I feel like I now have an advantage on expanding my network in the HR sector. This placement has also had a huge impact on my personal development – a year ago, I was a shy individual whereas now I am more confident and can see the transformation within myself.”
The Bachelor of Human Resource Management program at Gulf University is committed to produce work ready graduates with 21st century skills and to continue higher studies in Human Resource Management and related specialization.